The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Vols fans. I just wanted to stop by and wish the best for the Volunteer team and fans on your trip to Omaha. We had a few of you come by the Aces messageboard. You and your Coach are a class act. Again, best of luck to you. Now go win this!
You guys are a class team and fan base also.

I think I heard something about making him the highest paid coach in college baseball. Which at this point he probably deserves. Even with out a Natty yet.
Yes, DW needs to open up the checkbook and give Tony his due.
He has essentially built TN to a level way past just being relevant to the premier team in college baseball.
We can not let him start looking elsewhere!

His RBI numbers are insane, but I believe had CMo batted 3rd or 4th in the lineup he would had had just as many as Tibbs.
Yeah lead off is definitely going to sacrifice some RBI opportunities but analytics show that you should bat your best player 1st to give them more ABs. Mookie bats first for the Dodgers, Altuve bats first for the Astros, Acuña (when healthy) bats first for the Braves. Not every team does it as some will bat their best hitter 2nd. The old way of thinking has slowly filtered out as everyone used to bat their best overall hitter 3rd and best power hitter cleanup for the RBI opportunities but the numbers show it’s better to bump them up to lead off/2nd.

Hey Vols fans. I just wanted to stop by and wish the best to the Volunteer team and fans on your trip to Omaha. We had a few of you come by the Aces messageboard. You and your Coach are a class act. Again, best of luck to you. Now go win this!
@Atlanta Ace
Glad you stopped by and thanks for the well wishes!
Hang out and talk baseball with us throughout the CWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back