The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, Organic Chemistry - the class that turned me into an Electrical Engineer instead of a Medical Doctor.
I got my BSEE and I never considered being a doctor for 1 minute. All the EEs I know are similar. For what it is worth I am sales management now. Anyway you might be 1 of 1.

Reactions: Drewbydoo

New pod out. They cover the rant. The NIL statements were about the transfers visiting over the weekend, namely the Miami kid. The rest is kind of self explanatory.

They say Moore could pass Condon with a good week in Omaha for HR leader. That would be funny, but I don’t think he can even be reconsidered for golden spikes without being a finalist.

Seems rumors of Texas going after tony are real, and we’re offering a contract extension that will pay him 2+ million per year.

The guys say they don’t think he’ll take the Texas job, but that it’s one that everyone will stop to think about.

Whatever he does, he’ll certainly be the highest paid coach in the country next year.

I just think his "built it from the ground up" statement in the presser Sunday means a lot!

Would you rather have your own thing that you built or pick up on something?

I know my answer. Possibly some wishful thinking on my part. IDK?

Reactions: cardvolfan
Yes he should Army and as stated before that TV has raised TN baseball to the very top and made it the premier team in college

Totally agree!

The fact that we're talking about this during the biggest week of the season bothers me.

Sounds like a lot of 💩 stirring, clickbait BS to me!

Last edited:
I just think his "built it from the ground up" statement in the presser Sunday means a lot!

Would you rather have your own thing that you built or pick up on something?

I know my answer. Possibly some wishful thinking on my part. IDK?
Agree. He has his hands in the decision making of LNS project, so something tells me he wants to see the finished product.

Plus, Texas donors have their hands in everything. Coach TV loves Knoxville and UT. I don’t see it, esp if Danny White pays the man as White has kept his word so far w the stadium renovations and other requests on behalf of TV.

Agree. He has his hands in the decision making of LNS project, so something tells me he wants to see the finished product.

Plus, Texas donors have their hands in everything. Coach TV loves Knoxville and UT. I don’t see it, esp if Danny White pays the man as White has kept his word so far w the stadium renovations and other requests on behalf of TV.

Yep! I totally agree. Look at my last post.

Unneeded distraction is all it is! May be cynical but feels forced.

What about FSU?

That's what matters right now!

Disclaimer: This diatribe has nothing to do with baseball!

Yeah, it is disheartening to teach a class that challenges student goals. Here are some of my observations/recommendations from over the years.

First, why is organic so troublesome: ……
!
I agree with everything you said about the difficulties in learning organic. Organic is a subject that really requires a strong understanding of the basics. If you’re weak on the basics you’ll struggle as you go forward as everything becomes more and more complex. I’ll admit I wasn’t the best note taker when I was in school, but my first quarter of organic I had a professor who walked into class every day with a cup of coffee in his hand and proceeded to “talk” about the subject for most of the period. Every now and then he would write something important on the board. I had a total of 7 pages of notes at the end of the 10-week quarter. Somehow managed a C that quarter. Second quarter I had the professor who wrote the textbook. He walked into class every day and proceeded to rewrite the textbook on the board. I had 7 pages of notes in there the first day. Talk about one extreme to the other. Got a D that quarter. By third quarter I was so far underwater I didn’t know what had hit me. First class I ever failed. Decided to take my talents into Electrical Engineering and never looked back. Eventually became a “rocket scientist” that required me to put both the electrical and chemical knowledge to good use, so it wasn’t all for naught.

Now if we want to get back to discussing baseball, I can probably start discussing ballistic trajectory analysis relative to some of these “dongs” our BaseVols have been launching recently. 😉 GBO!

Seems like a win to me? Probably a dumb move to out myself based on the likelihood of being shunned.
Nothing to be ashamed of, Prof. Thanks for attempting to enlighten those now trying to enter adulthood.

Let me add that my youngest son majored in Chemistry at Auburn, so I’ve shared a few organic war stories with him.

I agree with everything you said about the difficulties in learning organic. Organic is a subject that really requires a strong understanding of the basics. If you’re weak on the basics you’ll struggle as you go forward as everything becomes more and more complex. I’ll admit I wasn’t the best note taker when I was in school, but my first quarter of organic I had a professor who walked into class every day with a cup of coffee in his hand and proceeded to “talk” about the subject for most of the period. Every now and then he would write something important on the board. I had a total of 7 pages of notes at the end of the 10-week quarter. Somehow managed a C that quarter. Second quarter I had the professor who wrote the textbook. He walked into class every day and proceeded to rewrite the textbook on the board. I had 7 pages of notes in there the first day. Talk about one extreme to the other. Got a D that quarter. By third quarter I was so far underwater I didn’t know what had hit me. First class I ever failed. Decided to take my talents into Electrical Engineering and never looked back. Eventually became a “rocket scientist” that required me to put both the electrical and chemical knowledge to good use, so it wasn’t all for naught.

Now if we want to get back to discussing baseball, I can probably start discussing ballistic trajectory analysis relative to some of these “dongs” our BaseVols have been launching recently. 😉 GBO!

Yeah, the variation in instructional approach and quality is vast. I was lucky to learn from great profs, gifted instructors who were good people and cared about their students. Even then it was tough, luckily (in retrospect) my girlfriend at the time broke up with me and my scores shot up in between exams 1 and 2, launching my career like a baseVols dong flying through evening sky at LNS.

Nothing to be ashamed of, Prof. Thanks for attempting to enlighten those now trying to enter adulthood.

Let me add that my youngest son majored in Chemistry at Auburn, so I’ve shared a few organic war stories with him.

Thanks for the note. Have a close friend who was an O-Chem prof at Auburn he could’ve learned from, we overlapped in grad school.

SIAP but I’m assuming we will be home team Friday night?
Yes but I think we will be the away team in our Game 2 regardless if we are in the winners bracket or losers bracket. The higher seeded team is usually the away team in the 2nd game to my knowledge.

Reactions: Orange931
Yes but I think we will be the away team in our Game 2 regardless if we are in the winners bracket or losers bracket. The higher seeded team is usually the away team in the 2nd game to my knowledge.
It depends if we play UNC or Virginia, same as regional play. If it’s UNC, I think we’ll be the home team again. If it’s UVA we’ll be the visitors.

Reactions: VolPack22

Second quarter sounds like Dr. Magid….aka the human typewriter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back