The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting interview today of Evansville coach, Wes Carroll. He asked him what they found and how they were able to get to Beam. Coach Carroll said they felt like they had a much better chance to hit him if he went to the stretch. That's exactly what happened in that game. Interesting information from Coach Carroll... post season, Beam has a 9.29 ERA. Coach Carroll didn't say exactly what, but something changes in the hitters favor when Beam is in the stretch.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I’d love 2 innings of scoreless baseball out of Stamos!
I am greedy give me three. This Florida State pitcher has me biting my nails off . He threw an immaculate inning against Virginia earlier this year and has wipe out stuff for lefty’s. We have got to be patient and work the count some. But what the hell do I know. Just ambush the first fastball you see and swing for the fences. No reason to change now I guess

I am greedy give me three. This Florida State pitcher has me biting my nails off . He threw an immaculate inning against Virginia earlier this year and has wipe out stuff for lefty’s. We have got to be patient and work the count some. But what the hell do I know. Just ambush the first fastball you see and swing for the fences. No reason to change now I guess
I never worry about our team! Especially second time through the lineup! What will be will be.

I never worry about our team! Especially second time through the lineup! What will be will be.
I wish I could be that way. I quit smokeless tobacco after fourty three years of it. I’ve been quit for 17 months and I get as nervous as a cat on a tin roof waiting for these games to start. I may need to start drinking more

I watched his game against UCONN and honestly wasn’t all that impressed. He’s pretty good but he’s not some unhittable juggernaut like Skenes. They just need to be steady and patient at the plate. Hopefully the pressure to perform for the first time on the big stage will rattle him and we’ll chase him early. I trust our lineup to study him well. Hopefully Stamos and Causey are on and our defense plays lights out. 🤞

I did not know much about Stamos, after the game Sunday he was exceptionally kind to my 12 year old. He spent a few minutes talking to him and was so down to earth. The type of attention my son will remember for the rest of his life.

This is not unique to Stamos, others also went out of their way. Hunter Ensley was another. My son tells me he can’t pick a favorite…..but Stamos and Ensley are way up there for him.

We may not win the CWS, but regardless many kids (and adults) will remember this bunch forever.

I watched his game against UCONN and honestly wasn’t all that impressed. He’s pretty good but he’s not some unhittable juggernaut like Skenes. They just need to be steady and patient at the plate. Hopefully the pressure to perform for the first time on the big stage will rattle him and we’ll chase him early. I trust our lineup to study him well. Hopefully Stamos and Causey are on and our defense plays lights out. 🤞
I agree. I want to get this first win out of the way and set the tone for the rest of the tournament.

Last edited:
I wish I could be that way. I quit smokeless tobacco after fourty three years of it. I’ve been quit for 17 months and I get as nervous as a cat on a tin roof waiting for these games to start. I may need to start drinking more
I worry about some teams…but this team I don’t. There are scenarios in play where we don’t win it all but everybody knows who the best team is. This is not MLB best of 5 and 7 series so anything can happen. All you can do is have the best team and let the chips fall where they may. We have the best team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back