The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cubs are still struggling which is why I’m very joyful I can rely on the Volunteers baseball team to continue to be great.

The turning point in the game occurred when one of the base umpires called a balk and Tony V ran out of the dugout and gave the umpire crew hell - it fired his team up and they responded.

It is not lost on me that the plate umpire didn’t toss CMO following the single he hit when CMO turned and mouthed at the umpire after the horrendous strike call. And the check swing on Burke in his last at bat that was called a ball.

They did IMO.

Don't feel bad though!

Home plate ump was trash all night! We were due!
50/50 They were not going to end this game on half swing/hold. FSU had to earn it and the no call was going to favor it. No gimmes.

HOPEFULLY the jitters are and we are error free the rest of the tournament

4 hits with 2 outs.

Reactions: KptVFL
They did IMO.

Don't feel bad though!

Home plate ump was trash all night! We were due!
He GAVE some low ball calls all night, but way more to them than us. The one on C-MO was probably the worst. He even gave them some river strikes too. Then he would clean it up for a while.

Reactions: KptVFL
The turning point in the game occurred when one of the base umpires called a balk and Tony V ran out of the dugout and gave the umpire crew hell - it fired his team up and they responded.

It is not lost on me that the plate umpire didn’t toss CMO following the single he hit when CMO turned and mouthed at the umpire after the horrendous strike call. And the check swing on Burke in his last at bat that was called a ball.
I agree with this 100% and honestly if this had been the 2022 team they both get tossed. Our guys toning it down a little this year has helped that stuff tremendously

You can probably go back and find quite a few strikes/balls that affected this game and led to runs being scored. It was close, ump wasn’t going to call that in that big of a moment. Just like a foul call in basketball in the waning moments of a tie game, just isn’t going to happen.

How big was that walk Peebles earned?
Huge. The SEC Network crew was talking about how disciplined we were at the plate tonight. You see it up and down the lineup too. That's a well coached team.

What an epic comeback.

I'm tempted to look back through this thread for some "defeatist posts." I'm sure that there were some when it reached 9-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back