The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was watching this at gym. It was 11 to 7 in the 8th and their pitcher looked u hittable. Left to get groceries and see we won on walk of HR.

Holy Crap!!!

Congrats to you die hard baseball fans. Your heart must be racing!!!!

Oh man FSU and ACC twitter is in shambles. Look, it was a really close check swing call. He probably went.

Do I care? Nope. Basically every single team in the history of the sport has had a bit of luck help them win a game. You can’t win a championship without a little bit of luck in a season as long as this. Just ask Oregon State fans in 2014.
I think it's better that we just say he went. Makes it even sweeter.

Reactions: theroyz71
I would just like to say that if there is anyone not on the train at this point then screw you and the horse you rode in on. Tony is OUR coach and he has proven himself to be a trusted leader. Tony has broken down that wall and opened up a new world for us. We will NOT be denied. North Carolina, you’re next! 😎💪🍊

He GAVE some low ball calls all night, but way more to them than us. The one on C-MO was probably the worst. He even gave them some river strikes too. Then he would clean it up for a while.

Agree!

Was super tight to start but fairly consistent.

Got spotty the further it went.

Just my take.

Reactions: CDB
Wheels is doing a Mashup of all the negas posts interspersed with highlights of the win...can wait! (Blue font implied)

Isn’t that great. The guys who keep the list in their back pocket - just like Butch fn Jones - got to keep that Polly-Anna list.

Nothing like TN fans eating their own. Isn’t is grand?

I’ll stand front and center. And stand by what I said.

And I’ll add a quote from Tony V - “We spotted them a damn touchdown.” So truth is truth.

Reactions: theroyz71
I would just like to say that if there is anyone not on the train at this point then screw you and the horse you rode in on. Tony is OUR coach and he has proven himself to be a trusted leader. Tony has broken down that wall and opened up a new world for us. We will NOT be denied. North Carolina, you’re next! 😎💪🍊

I gave up around the 6th inning but one thing that was always clear was none of the mistakes where something to blame Tony about. Win or lose, that game wasn’t going to be an indictment of his coaching.

Amazing comeback---so many two-out hits. Stellar. Clutch. Our pitching is thin, our defense shaky--but we can probably outhit
anybody. When Dreiling hit that last ball, I thought it was a fly out: the pitch was shoulder high and it didn't look like he made great contact--but it carried, dropped in and won us a thrilling game.

I didn't like or understand TV's move to pull Stamos in the first. Very strange. He panicked--and you can't panic in the first inning with our lineup and our thin staff. We needed to get innings out of Stamos, and probably could have, but instead we got nothing out of him and we end up using guys who are typically middle- or late-inning relievers in the early/middle part of the game.

Reactions: firestorm
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back