The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ecstatic about the win, but looking forward to Sunday, I really hope we clean up our defense. I know some will blame pitching, but I think bad defense is the reason FSU was able to get ahead to begin with. Gotta play smart when we're in the field and stop with the errors.

winning post. Pitching always get blamed, but when your defense is providing support behind you on the mound it makes all the difference. We gifted them 5 runs from defensive miscues tonight.

winning post. Pitching always get blamed, but when your defense is providing support behind you on the mound it makes all the difference. We gifted them 5 runs from defensive miscues tonight.
Errors and walks! Clean up the things we can control! Hitting was good, pitching outside of walks was good enough. Let’s go!

That’s what I been saying but that’s been the Vols this season and yes I probably repeat it too often. Vols must clean up the defense and I actually think they will (just a crazy feeling). Tony V said they spotted them a “damn touchdown”.

What an incredible win.

Exactly. I don’t think any sane person would have blamed Tony had we lost. And the majority of the fans thought the game was over, even in the 9th. And that doesn’t mean they are Nega Vols or bad fans.

I took a break from the board though after Florida St scored a TD that one inning. We fought back but they scored a couple more runs so I was concerned.

I was hopeful we would comeback but would be lying if I said I thought we would, even with C Mo and Burke @ the plate with two outs and two strikes.

Go Vols!!!! On to Sunday night!
Nobody expected that comeback to happen. But grown men throwing temper tantrums is hard to read through for 4 hours.

Need at least 5 innings from Beam on Sunday night. We have a day off, so I think the bullpen will be mostly fine. Kirby, Stamos, Behnke, Snead, etc.

Only Causey and Combs won’t be available. But you may still be able to get one inning from combs if you need it.
Loy and Phillips would be available situationally as well!

Need at least 5 innings from Beam on Sunday night. We have a day off, so I think the bullpen will be mostly fine. Kirby, Stamos, Behnke, Snead, etc.

Only Causey and Combs won’t be available. But you may still be able to get one inning from combs if you need it.
Heck I’ll take 3 complete - and then a different pitcher each inning. Lets go Mookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back