The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need at least 5 innings from Beam on Sunday night. We have a day off, so I think the bullpen will be mostly fine. Kirby, Stamos, Behnke, Snead, etc.

Only Causey and Combs won’t be available. But you may still be able to get one inning from combs if you need it.
I think Causey would be available....his pitch count was extremely low

Link Jarrett comes off as a sore loser to me. Said “things happened on the field that I couldn’t see from 90 feet away and I’ll have to rewatch the tape to see what I missed.” Bro, your bullpen pissed their pants and blew the game. Simple as that. If you are upset about the check swing against Burke then maybe be upset at the 50 strike calls on the outside batter’s box. You can’t be mad at one call whenever the ump is calling BS strikes all night. You LOST. Get the F over it and move on. Get better. You don’t have that Cinderella at ND anymore. Suck it up and stop being a child with your arms crossed.

LOL--a lot of time elapsed between reading the first sentence and the rest of your post. I had just started reading when Wilkerson called our first hit of that 9th inning... after that I got a bit distracted.

It's been my experience that most managers are managers of "things" (problem solvers) and a rare few are adept at managing people. Few are both. I always supposed those who are had to learn one or the other.

They certainly have my respect--and a little awe. People are just all over the place! They/we will be perfectly logical, perfectly thoughtful, perfectly focused day after day--then suddenly do something just the opposite, for no apparent reason!

I only have to manage myself, and there are days when I just need a break from me, too

I only have to manage myself, and there are days when I just need a break from me, too

No one is tougher on me than I am.

At the same time, no one screws me over as much as I screw myself over.

My best friend is the same way, as are many people.

My best friend's therapist gave him/us the following advice: "Don't judge yourself any more harshly than you would judge your best friend.".

After thinking about that a while, I really saw what they were getting at: I'd never hold my best friend to some nearly impossible level of perfection, so I shouldn't do that to myself. As a consequence of that, my knee jerk reaction to anyone screwing me up at work or where ever is to under react initially. There's time for a harsher reaction later on if it's needed, but I can't just take back my initial reaction whether it's with words or anger or whatever. So my general style of being on a team of any kind (including sports) is "okay, we'll figure it out, but let's do damage control, take a break and get back to whatever the issue is when everyone is clear headed and calm.

Also, I joke around with my friends, "That guy in the mirror keeps screwing me over". haha.

IRL, there really isn't anyone that comes close to messing me up compared to me doing it to myself. Granted, I'm young. Nor have I been a victim of violence or a drunk driver etc which could severely alter my quality of life for a long time.

As for managerial stuff? I'm in my infancy when it comes to that. Up until just a couple of days ago, I only have my close friends working for me directly. Everyone else is just doing work that GT wants them to do research on and they answer to their GT advisor, NOT me. I created some patents that get chopped up and are turned into research projects. Many of the people working in the same building or room don't even know about a patent or that there's one guy behind it. To grad students and professors, it's just good, interesting work that allows them to get their master's degree or their PhD.

Professors and teaching assistants are not compensated very well imo, so I'm working at changing those jobs to upper middle class and can do so easily. It's already happening. Now it's a matter or replicating that or scaling it up so that there are enough people doing that level of work that their incomes change their spending habits enough that it creates more middle class employees because of the goods and services those people require and want. That's just ONE avenue of me expanding or recreating a middle class. I have many others in mind and the money and influence to do it.

Another example is $100B investment the US govt is making in central NY to kick start a new company called Micron Devices. That are will need better transportation routes for workers, supplies and consequently housing and all the support services associated with a new, large employer coming to town.

I have a former topic we discussed in the past 48 hours I'll expand on in The Dugout.

I think they said this is the first time Games 1 and 2 both ended on a walk off…

That is the first time happened for games 1 and 2 in the College World Series.

Man it feels excellent to be a Volunteers Baseball fan.
They were as fearless, impressive, and determined on a Friday Night vs the Seminoles as Daredevil.

1718439465383.jpeg

1718439536805.jpeg

Attachments

• 1718439503819.jpeg
    1718439503819.jpeg
    14.7 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: jhcrane14
The funny thing is that people came into this saying Link Jarrett was the best single game coach in the tournament and if they had one game to win they would choose him. Well you lost that game big boy so what happens now???
Probably said that only because of the ND vs UT a few years ago. But I still think FSU is the best ACC team in the tournament.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back