The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link Jarrett comes off as a sore loser to me. Said “things happened on the field that I couldn’t see from 90 feet away and I’ll have to rewatch the tape to see what I missed.” Bro, your bullpen pissed their pants and blew the game. Simple as that. If you are upset about the check swing against Burke then maybe be upset at the 50 strike calls on the outside batter’s box. You can’t be mad at one call whenever the ump is calling BS strikes all night. You LOST. Get the F over it and move on. Get better. You don’t have that Cinderella at ND anymore. Suck it up and stop being a child with your arms crossed.
The ump last night I thought did a good job. He missed a couple but he was one of the more consistent umps I've seen this year.

The check swing live looked like he went. The replay looked 50/50.

Ecstatic about the win, but looking forward to Sunday, I really hope we clean up our defense. I know some will blame pitching, but I think bad defense is the reason FSU was able to get ahead to begin with. Gotta play smart when we're in the field and stop with the errors.
It looked like both teams were tight initially and trying so hard to make a play that they didn’t make some plays. What a huge opener though! So, so glad we grew into the moment and trusted our game to deliver for us. I’m still floored the Noles didn’t plate one on that play to right that Tears bobbled picking up. I get respecting that cannon of an arm he’s got but you’ve got to be aggressive and we clawed and scrapped and kept on coming. Surely a game like this helps us be ready to come out and play within ourselves for the next one.

I looked through my posts and was not nega. The only thing I did say was it was a crazy game -- Burke never makes errors. A nega came in and argued that he does make errors. I was like WTF???. Burke was recognized for his defense this year. Definitely some butterflies for everyone in this one at the beginning of the game.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Firm believer that it doesn't have to be Sunshine and Rainbows continuously in the thread. Although the jumping the gun over a play here play there scenario is quite extreme at times, especially bitching about pitching and Blake Burke's defense.

Blake's defense has improved tremendously over last season, now if you want to piss and moan about his foot speed and the occasional miscues on basepaths I'm right there with everyone.

The ump last night I thought did a good job. He missed a couple but he was one of the more consistent umps I've seen this year.

The check swing live looked like he went. The replay looked 50/50.

Agree: He was one of the best and most consistent home-plate umpires I've ever seen in college. Keeping your strike zone consistent is
crucial--many umps don't do it--but he was good.

Reactions: Lurker
Not gonna lie, went to bed after the eighth 🙄 Got up this morning amazed at what my kid told me and watching Wheels’ highlights on YT. Idk, if any of you guys saw it, but the stream I was watching of the game on YT, there was a chat scrolling on the right side of screen and the sh!t that was spewed about us the whole game, especially by Florida fans was unbelievable. Makes it so much sweeter that we shut those idiots up!! GBO!!

No one is tougher on me than I am.

At the same time, no one screws me over as much as I screw myself over.

My best friend is the same way, as are many people.

My best friend's therapist gave him/us the following advice: "Don't judge yourself any more harshly than you would judge your best friend.".

After thinking about that a while, I really saw what they were getting at: I'd never hold my best friend to some nearly impossible level of perfection, so I shouldn't do that to myself. As a consequence of that, my knee jerk reaction to anyone screwing me up at work or where ever is to under react initially. There's time for a harsher reaction later on if it's needed, but I can't just take back my initial reaction whether it's with words or anger or whatever. So my general style of being on a team of any kind (including sports) is "okay, we'll figure it out, but let's do damage control, take a break and get back to whatever the issue is when everyone is clear headed and calm.

Also, I joke around with my friends, "That guy in the mirror keeps screwing me over". haha.

IRL, there really isn't anyone that comes close to messing me up compared to me doing it to myself. Granted, I'm young. Nor have I been a victim of violence or a drunk driver etc which could severely alter my quality of life for a long time.

As for managerial stuff? I'm in my infancy when it comes to that. Up until just a couple of days ago, I only have my close friends working for me directly. Everyone else is just doing work that GT wants them to do research on and they answer to their GT advisor, NOT me. I created some patents that get chopped up and are turned into research projects. Many of the people working in the same building or room don't even know about a patent or that there's one guy behind it. To grad students and professors, it's just good, interesting work that allows them to get their master's degree or their PhD.

Professors and teaching assistants are not compensated very well imo, so I'm working at changing those jobs to upper middle class and can do so easily. It's already happening. Now it's a matter or replicating that or scaling it up so that there are enough people doing that level of work that their incomes change their spending habits enough that it creates more middle class employees because of the goods and services those people require and want. That's just ONE avenue of me expanding or recreating a middle class. I have many others in mind and the money and influence to do it.

Another example is $100B investment the US govt is making in central NY to kick start a new company called Micron Devices. That are will need better transportation routes for workers, supplies and consequently housing and all the support services associated with a new, large employer coming to town.

I have a former topic we discussed in the past 48 hours I'll expand on in The Dugout.
Please do expound in the dugout. You're developing wisdom beyond your years. Keep it up.

Someday if I'm in your neighborhood, I'll buy you lunch. I've "got people" (friends) who do the kind things you're talking about doing and wanting to do. I'd love to know whether the fields at all intersect.

Always good to know what kind of skills and resources are on the periphery. Never know when you might need to tap them.

I wish you Godspeed and great success in your endeavors, sir.

Oh, back to epic baseball....

Whenever that kid adds another 7 dongs to get to 40 and is holding a championship trophy you will change your mind…
It’s like comparing all of the greats unless you were obviously the goat you have arguments for all of them. But, if he is holding that trophy at the end of this year, the argument ends. To me, Al Wilson is the greatest defensive player we ever had. Reggie White is a legend (and was obviously the better pro), but Wilson willed this team to a championship.

Last edited:
Yesterday was a fun day! Sorry no good vids of celebration - my ancient phone died during the 7th.

Attachments

• EBF2628A-4182-4141-8E0C-E85A9B8A813C.jpeg
    EBF2628A-4182-4141-8E0C-E85A9B8A813C.jpeg
    155.8 KB · Views: 23
  • DF6B5675-AC72-40CB-8E5C-A4504EC55FFB.jpeg
    DF6B5675-AC72-40CB-8E5C-A4504EC55FFB.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 23
  • 05FAD2C7-7105-47EF-9634-6A06BE1D11A8.jpeg
    05FAD2C7-7105-47EF-9634-6A06BE1D11A8.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 20
  • 11C93A30-2649-4D88-AD04-0EAB4BB4BFD0.jpeg
    11C93A30-2649-4D88-AD04-0EAB4BB4BFD0.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 88897CA3-FC20-46BA-83B7-98093A4E854D.jpeg
    88897CA3-FC20-46BA-83B7-98093A4E854D.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 1106438E-0A91-4A82-A07B-AE58A38EEB61.jpeg
    1106438E-0A91-4A82-A07B-AE58A38EEB61.jpeg
    136.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 9CD11242-EC9A-45D1-8671-2208B901D5A1.jpeg
    9CD11242-EC9A-45D1-8671-2208B901D5A1.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 23
For all those whining about the check swing , college umps just don’t ring guys up at the rate major league umps do , you can go back during the season and our games alone you could find numerous check swings that weren’t called , no one from fsu is crying about our pitcher throwing one right down the middle for strike 3 that’s not called and the inning continues and I think they wound up scoring

Reactions: MagnoliaVol
Unbelievable heart in this team! I can’t believe what I just witnessed! GBO!
Sometimes we need stronger response options than just Like. How these guys conduct themselves with the fans is what make college baseball the best and especially this team. Just had one of the biggest wins in their lives and they are making kids smile. Making memories. I love it.

Agree: He was one of the best and most consistent home-plate umpires I've ever seen in college. Keeping your strike zone consistent is
crucial--many umps don't do it--but he was good.
I liked that he would vocalize what he was seeing…in, out, up, down…you could hear him say those things with the call…I always liked any insights the ump would give me when I played…if he is seeing something you aren’t then any indicator is beneficial

Im drinking my coffee and still thinking about that game and the players. While we are all thrilled with the results, we need to think about those players. What a game they gave us! How deserving for them! Can you imagine how they must feel? That’s a memory that no one will ever be able to take from them.

I got a text last nite that said it best, “ dude, that’s why you guys are the #1 team in the country”

Im drinking my coffee and still thinking about that game and the players. While we are all thrilled with the results, we need to think about those players. What a game they gave us! How deserving for them! Can you imagine how they must feel? That’s a memory that no one will ever be able to take from them.

I got a text last nite that said it best, “ dude, that’s why you guys are the #1 team in the country”
The last two games have given them cherished memories. Winning the supers inside LNS and getting to send off Zander and Kirby in style…then the most amazing Omaha win any of us have ever seen…what a story this team is writing! Glad I get to watch them go about their business!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back