The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how close we are to the HR record now?
Found it myself. We’re at 175 HRs on the season now. It’s so hard to hit HRs in this ball park. So so hard. I don’t think we’ll beat LSUs record of 188 with the games we have left, but it could happen! I really don’t care all that much if we end up winning it all lol

Im drinking my coffee and still thinking about that game and the players. While we are all thrilled with the results, we need to think about those players. What a game they gave us! How deserving for them! Can you imagine how they must feel? That’s a memory that no one will ever be able to take from them.

I got a text last nite that said it best, “ dude, that’s why you guys are the #1 team in the country”

I’ve never played in College Sports for UNO, however still felt pretty great to be great in a Volleyball class and serve the winning serve more than once.

They had to feel incredible, and it’s like they got inspired by that amazing speech in the great Hockey Drama movie Miracle because they achieved impressive greatness in Omaha.

Found it myself. We’re at 175 HRs on the season now. It’s so hard to hit HRs in this ball park. So so hard. I don’t think we’ll beat LSUs record of 188 with the games we have left, but it could happen! I really don’t care all that much if we end up winning it all lol
If we end up playing 5 more games then it is more than doable. Would only have to average 2.6 HR/gm.

I hate myself. Turned it off at the bottom of the 8th. Just finished reading the comments to catch up. Couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw they won. Kids came down and asked me who won when they woke up, and I said “FSU”. They asked the score and I went to google. My eyes couldn’t believe what they saw. Had to revise my response to the kids! Hahaha!
Come on man, this us the world Series, you have to hang.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I can not comprehend how we have "fans" here complaining about the check swing calling it a strike....unbelievable
Like I said, sometimes championship teams need a little luck. It's okay to admit that, ALL teams have it. But to call people idiots or not true fans is not fair. I'm happy we had luck on our side.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240615_081551_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20240615_081551_X.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 32
He’s actually not an a hole. He’s a great guy to so many around him. You might be confusing “fiery” with a hole, or even “emotional” with that. He’s actually one of the most solid guys you could ever meet.
I know that. I wasn't being being literal. However you KNOW that's how opposing fanbases feel due to jealousy and I thought the expression was fitting.

Reactions: firestorm
Like I said, sometimes championship teams need a little luck. It's okay to admit that, ALL teams have it. But to call people idiots or not true fans is not fair. I'm happy we had luck on our side.
Who really gives a ****? If FSU wants to keep crying about that, why doesn’t somebody ask them why their bullpen **** their pants and allowed us to load the bases in the first place? Why did they allow us to score the 8 runs before that? We had some bad calls go against us in this game too but acting like this right here was the reason you lost the game is laughable at best.

I woke up to find this score. I got disgusted down 5 runs in the 8th. Where is this replay? Is it on YouTube?

Top competition games are not won 12-11. Top teams have pitching to prevent that. Wow. I am one happy camper this morning! Great way to start my weekend
You just missed the replay on ESPNU but it is available on demand ESPN+

Reactions: StarRaider
I woke up to find this score. I got disgusted down 5 runs in the 8th. Where is this replay? Is it on YouTube?

Top competition games are not won 12-11. Top teams have pitching to prevent that. Wow. I am one happy camper this morning! Great way to start my weekend
12-11. It's the modern game.
Great teams find a way to win, never give up.

MLB doesn’t even define a check swing. Doesn’t say how far the bat has to go around or anything of the sort. It’s all a judgment call and the ump judged it was not a swing. Even if we wanted to go off what we think a check swing is, in your picture it looks as if Burke’s bat is parallel with the front of the plate and never actually goes beyond that 90 degree angle. Technically that is not a swing because he never made the bat go beyond that 90 degree angle. But once again, there is not a definition of a check swing in the rule book so you can argue all day but nobody actually knows what a check swing is because it’s not in the rule book.

Like I said if you're so adamant about a call being wrong then apply to be an ump....of course you know more than literally the ump and the ones calling the game. Sad fella to go to all the trouble you just did to die on this hill. But you do you. Have a good day.

Five minutes into ESPN Sports Center and a video of UNC but, nothing for Vols. No respect. SECN giving us some love.
ESPN is trash and has been for years. It was great up to the point they became a beacon for politics and social justice. I don't watch a single minute of it except for Vol sports. Why watch any of their other programming?

As Tennessee Fans, we should celebrate actually getting a controversial call out way. We have suffered through the Florida Gaffney „touchdown“, the North Carolina extra play after time expired against Dooley, the theft of the 2021 Music City Bowl against Purdue.
We were owed one of these.

It's the angle the photo is taken. The replay on tv had a much better look. His wrists didn't break and the swing never broke the front of the plate. The ball was outside the zone. It was called correctly for a 50/50 play in the moment

It's the angle the photo is taken. The replay on tv had a much better look. His wrists didn't break and the swing never broke the front of the plate. The ball was outside the zone. It was called correctly for a 50/50 play in the moment
That was a photo taken from the replay on TV. It's 50/50 for sure, complete judgement call by the ump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back