The Official FSU @ #1 Tennessee CWS Game 1 Thread (Fri. June 14) (7PM EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet Arnold does start Friday but he pitched Saturday this past weekend. Not sure how big of a deal one more day of rest is for him.
As big as the first game is, I'll be stunned if it's not Arnold. We'll need to play clean and be patient and content to put the ball in play instead of looking for the long ball every time up. We're built for LNS. Can we adapt? It's gonna come down to pitching as usual. Oh how I wish the baseball gods had allowed Russell to return to form for this.

So the BaseVols are playing with house money since no #1 seeds have won this in a quarter century right???

Reactions: ArdentVol
I wonder if we’ll tinker with the Game 1 starter/opener setup, since Stamos hasn’t really been getting it done lately. Maybe you just go 1 inning with Stamos and then go immediately to Causey to starting the 2nd. Or maybe you start Loy as the opener for Causey.
I’ve thought this as well, or wondered about this situation. The other thing is that Beam hasn’t been himself. I wondered if they might go Causey, Zander, then Beam. Tony is a loyal guy, but the numbers are pretty interesting.

I will be enjoying the game from beautiful Estill Springs, Tennessee with deck party, smoking hot lady and Big Green Egg, all sorts of beverages, big screen TV, and nice view of the lake. Cheer loud for us if you go to Omaha. We will be there in spirit.
You’re not far from me, I’m in Manchester. Always liked Estill, really nice little town.

I think A&M is the second best team after us. It doesn’t matter. Everybody left is capable of winning it
A&M got way too much help from the Ducks in yesterday's W. They may be the best in backet 2 but it is shaping up to be an all SEC affair, it won't be easy for them. First up for them is FL who won the RS series.

Last edited:
College baseball has become like pinball. Balls absolutely fly off the aluminum bats, and everybody is scoring double-digit
runs /regularly/.Look at yesterday's game: In four of the five, the winning team scored 11, 11, 12 and 15 runs. Ridiculous. We lost 10-8 two days ago. Georgia got beat two days ago by 17 runs! Absurd. I was pleased to see Oregon State and Kentucky engage in an old-school 3-2 game. We still see the occasional great pitchers, to be sure--but the game is now about out-slugging your opponent.

And speaking of slugging and homers, didn't we lead the nation in homers, what, two or three years ago--but that did not work in our favor when we got to Omaha because it's a big park? The same dynamic could come into play again. Let's hope not. Certainly, most of the home runs we hit at L. Nelson would go out of any park, but the dimensions in Omaha could be a factor.

Reactions: Z06Vol
I never could figure out if I wanted A&M to win or not. I think they're the best, most complete team out there aside from us, so I was kind of hoping they'd get knocked out. On the other hand, if we don't win the whole thing, I just can't have Kentucky win the whole thing, you know? So I'm kind of glad they're in it.

A&M got way too much help from the Ducks in yesterday's W. They may be the best in backet 2 but it is shaping up to be an all SEC affair, it won't be easy for them.
Be interesting if aTm matches up with the north georgia leg humpers again and that sticky fingered pitcher comes into the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back