The Official SC @ #1 Tennessee Series Thread (Thurs. May 16 6:30PM EST SECNET+) (Fri. May 17 6:30PM EST SECNET+) (Sat. May 18 1PM EST SECNET+)

Do you mean in the stats? I haven't been to that class yet.
I mean if you refuse to pitch to a batter you should be penalized and any other runners on base should be allowed to advance a base also. If you don’t want to compete then don’t play the game.

Reactions: Drewbydoo
Virginia vs Virginia Tech

8 to 8

top of 10th
With a win I think Virginia Tech would own the tiebreaker over Wake Forest and Georgia Tech for the 7th seed, leaving Wake as the 8th seed and Georgia Tech as the 9th seed. Oh but Wake Forest is projected as a national seed!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

So you are suggesting…change the rules? I say, pitch around CMO and take your chances.
There’s a difference between pitching around and outright intentionally walking. They don’t even make you throw the intentional walk pitches anymore. They just give you the free pass. It’s so stupid.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Alabama up 9-5 T9 runners on 1B and 2B 0 outs. Weather is about to be coming through that area. Hopefully they just finish this game up.

Reactions: vol66
There’s a difference between pitching around and outright intentionally walking. They don’t even make you throw the intentional walk pitches anymore. They just give you the free pass. It’s so stupid.

Doesn’t bother me really. Speeds up the game a bit, but I do like the opportunity for a batter to inch up in the box and swing at one of em.

What's it matter if they throw 4 pitches 3ft off the plate or not? Still gonna be a walk.

Edit: These aren't 8 yr olds.

Reactions: vol66 and VolPack22
Alabama up 12-5 now after a home run. Pretty much can say they are the 7 seed at this point. LSU is out, Vanderbilt and Florida have to hope and pray. Very likely one or both of them get left out of the NCAAT unless they make a SECT championship run.

Reactions: BradentonVol
Updated standings assuming they just go ahead and call this thing:

1. Tennessee
2. Arkansas
3. Kentucky
4. Texas A&M
5. Mississippi State
6. Georgia
7. Alabama
8. Vanderbilt
9. Florida
10. South Carolina
11. LSU
12. Ole Miss

Reactions: Drewbydoo
With a win I think Virginia Tech would own the tiebreaker over Wake Forest and Georgia Tech for the 7th seed, leaving Wake as the 8th seed and Georgia Tech as the 9th seed. Oh but Wake Forest is projected as a national seed!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I know 3-4 guys on GT and attendance is so low they asked me to please attend some with my friends because THAT's how thinly attended the games are. Every game I attended, they either lost, or it rained or it was cold, rainy and they lost haha. I went to Kennesaw. I watched AT UGA etc. A game was cancelled....

It's soooo hard to support them.

I like the guys, but my gosh, I can't remember going to a game and seeing them actually win.

I know 3-4 guys on GT and attendance is so low they asked me to please attend some with my friends because THAT's how thinly attended the games are. Every game I attended, they either lost, or it rained or it was cold, rainy and they lost haha. I went to Kennesaw. I watched AT UGA etc. A game was cancelled....

It's soooo hard to support them.

I like the guys, but my gosh, I can't remember going to a game and seeing them actually win.

Yeah, I get ya. At least you can go see em, walk up ticket, that doesn’t suck. But yeah, I understand.

Tuesday Sessions (Single Elimination)

5. Mississippi State vs 12. Ole Miss

6. Georgia vs 11. LSU

7. Alabama vs 10. South Carolina

8. Vanderbilt vs 9. Florida

Wednesday Sessions (Double Elimination)

1. Tennessee vs Vanderbilt/Florida winner

2. Arkansas vs Alabama/South Carolina winner

3. Kentucky vs Georgia/LSU winner

4. Texas A&M vs Mississippi State/Ole Miss winner

Reactions: JCP201

VN Store