The Official Tennessee @ LSU Weekend Series Thread (Thurs. 3/30 8PM EST) ESPNU (Fri. 3/31 7PM EST) SEC Network (Sat. 4/1 2PM EST) SEC NET+

Great series this weekend! Very enjoyable college baseball, imo. The combined talent on the field was unreal. Definitely two teams that could be playing for the championship in Hoover.

A couple of thoughts… I’m glad to hear that several on here had a great time at Alex Box! That’s what’s it’s all about! In regards to the games, the first two could have gone either way imo. Was a pitchers dual on Thursday (2 first rounders without a doubt!). and then a bit more of a hitters duel yesterday.

Today, we just got thumped. The experiment with starting Hurd in the weekend rotation should be over after today. The kid just isn’t ready for SEC play. You can’t spot a team 6 in the 1st (not to mention another 4 in the 2nd) and think you’re going to beat a team like Tennessee. Overall, I saw a lot of positives from both teams, and some work that needs to be done cleaning up some fundamentals for both as well. But overall, I think we saw two of the best teams in the country for sure.

Best of luck next weekend with the Gators, and for the rest of the season!

Great series this weekend! Very enjoyable college baseball, imo. The combined talent on the field was unreal. Definitely two teams that could be playing for the championship in Hoover.

A couple of thoughts… I’m glad to hear that several on here had a great time at Alex Box! That’s what’s it’s all about! In regards to the games, the first two could have gone either way imo. Was a pitchers dual on Thursday (2 first rounders without a doubt!). and then a bit more of a hitters duel yesterday.

Today, we just got thumped. The experiment with starting Hurd in the weekend rotation should be over after today. The kid just isn’t ready for SEC play. You can’t spot a team 6 in the 1st (not to mention another 4 in the 2nd) and think you’re going to beat a team like Tennessee. Overall, I saw a lot of positives from both teams, and some work that needs to be done cleaning up some fundamentals for both as well. But overall, I think we saw two of the best teams in the country for sure.

The pitcher that came on for the starter did pretty well, I gave him an ovation when he was pulled.

Thank you for your gracious, civil contributions. Maybe we’ll meet again at Hoover or beyond!

Classy post is classy! Congrats on the series win, y’all got a great ball team…complete. Them fellas can mash!

GBO!!!

VN Store

Back