The Official Tennessee @ South Carolina Weekend Series Thread (Fri. 7PM EST SEC NET+) (Sat. 2PM EST & 1 Hour after first game completion SEC NETWORK)

It is out of my experience, but I do know from my husband and father. Father has had prostate cancer for over 15 years and told me today his psa is 75! Luckily hasn’t metastasized yet, but it’s just a matter of time. He’s out of options other than living a good, active life for what he has left.

Let’s start a new game day tradition today for everyone! ( I still think the prostate jokes are funny though)

What should we do?????🤔
So much to respond to, VolGirl81!

1) First, and most sincerely, my deepest sympathy for your Dad and all his loved ones. I lost my father-in-law to the same, and my wife (and later her youngest brother) to glioblastomas. But be encouraged: there are things we can only learn on this side of heaven.

Also, others will benefit from watching and walking through this with your father. I was a much better partner/advocate for my wife in her final months because of things I'd learned from listening to my grandmothers about death, and how independently they still wished to live when much of their physical ability was gone.

2) Need someone with better science chops than me to figure what we should do, but I'd guess we should cast a wide net and indulge a number of controlled variables. Something like, each person tries their own mojo idea for an inning, and then posts it (we do that already, often).

If the Vols had a good inning, those ideas become the pool of ideas for others to try. If that inning goes poorly for us, post what you did and everyone else avoids repeating those things. Ultimately, by process of elimination (that word choice was for you, Jax_Vol) we ought to have things narrowed down by the second game of the doubleheader.

REMINDER: if our eventual ritual involves a commercial product, we can ask that company for a Fan NIL deal to provide grants or discounts on ticket prices. Plan your experiments with an eye on the bottom line. Save the expensive bourbons for postgame consolations.

and final response...

3) A female posting "I still think the prostate jokes are funny though" is surely the definition of schadenfreude!

Last edited:
Spatchcock these yard fowl. 🍊
I just love this thread. Always a chance to learn something new in the baseball forum! (though you have to be careful with Chuckiepoo)

I'd never heard the word spatchcock so had to look it up. Perfect! Even has a medieval ring to it.

That would also be ideal phrasing for a T-shirt--especially for the week of September 30! See if you can sell it to one of the Vol apparel stores.

Last edited:
There may be some good food at the stadium, but Columbia, in general, is a sewer…

There are some tourist things to see....here is # 1. Take clothespin for your nose because the whole place smells like chicken poop

Poultry-farm-House-Nigeria.jpg

So I’m just finding out the game got postponed. That’s annoying. Oh well, I know what I am doing for the afternoon and evening tomorrow.

I have an unwanted connection to South Carolina. My daughter went to school there. They have collected thousands and thousands of dollars from me for that “privilege” (she has a Master’s Degree in Elementary Education….but is a stay at home mom now). So I have been to that campus more times than I ever thought I would or wanted to. But unlike most dads whose kids have gone to “enemy schools”, I have never donned any USC (jr) gear and never will!

Also, my daughter met her husband there and she and my grandchildren are blessed with the surname……Spurrier.

GBO!

VN Store

Back