The Official Tennessee @ South Carolina Weekend Series Thread (Fri. 7PM EST SEC NET+) (Sat. 2PM EST & 1 Hour after first game completion SEC NETWORK)

Still trying to figure out how a team that lost 6 of 10 SEC weekend series has the highest RPI in the SEC.

But, hey, they swept Southern Illinois.

Exactly. Kentucky is the most over-valued team in the entire country. They don’t deserve to host, yet they will. No idea how their RPI is #1, but this is why I’m not a math major.

I'll say this and I'm not blowing smoke.

Tennessee is good enough to win the whole thing. Are you hot at the right time? Do you happen to get it done? That's all it comes down to. About 25 teams are "good enough".

A 16-14 conference record could have just as easily been 19-11 or some other number that sounds better. The Missouri series alone is an obvious fluke.

I'll say this and I'm not blowing smoke.

Tennessee is good enough to win the whole thing. Are you hot at the right time? Do you happen to get it done? That's all it comes down to. About 25 teams are "good enough".

A 16-14 conference record could have just as easily been 19-11 or some other number that sounds better. The Missouri series alone is an obvious fluke.

Hope you are well! Given all we replaced after last year…we could also be Ole Miss based on the way we started.

Hope you are well! Given all we replaced after last year…we could also be Ole Miss based on the way we started.

Last year was different in that I believe Tennessee was a level or two above everyone else and they just didn't get it done.

However, most years, like this one, people are way too arrogant in believing that there are huge differences between the 1st place team in our league and the 8th place team. There really isn't. Especially depending on who is on the mound.

The one thing is, and it seems to be true in Tennessee's case this year, is that some teams are really a different animal at home compared to on the road. You would think it wouldn't make as much difference as it does say in football or basketball, but it clearly does.

Last year was different in that I believe Tennessee was a level or two above everyone else and they just didn't get it done.

However, most years, like this one, people are way too arrogant in believing that there are huge differences between the 1st place team in our league and the 8th place team. There really isn't. Especially depending on who is on the mound.

The one thing is, and it seems to be true in Tennessee's case this year, is that some teams are really a different animal at home compared to on the road. You would think it wouldn't make as much difference as it does say in football or basketball, but it clearly does.

I agree. We have the pitching to make a run, sorta seems like the Coaches have been working on the post season for a month. It ain’t what you do in March, it’s where you are in May.

We’re alright.

What will be interesting are how many potential SEC vs SEC super regionals are set up. Some of it is unavoidable, but I'd rather play a Boston College (to name a squad) in a Super than another SEC school.

As a BC grad, I’ve noticed that everyone seems to want to play BC, probably rightfully so

As a BC grad, I’ve noticed that everyone seems to want to play BC, probably rightfully so

I just don't trust teams from the Northeast. Bring them to Gainesville in early June and see what happens.

But, even if it was say, Duke. I just hate playing Miami or another SEC school which is what seems to happen the majority of time.

But, if i am an LSU or Arkansas, I don't want to host another SEC school either.

What will be interesting are how many potential SEC vs SEC super regionals are set up. Some of it is unavoidable, but I'd rather play a Boston College (to name a squad) in a Super than another SEC school.

Yeah, small potatoes to you guys, but we needed to win a series on the road versus a good team, finish strong, all that…we did about as expected from a couple weeks ago. Totally content with how we’ve gotten better. It was always gonna be a slog, but it seems like they are trying. I will take that every day of the week.

Exactly. Kentucky is the most over-valued team in the entire country. They don’t deserve to host, yet they will. No idea how their RPI is #1, but this is why I’m not a math major.

They did what Bruce Pearl was pretty good at doing. Playing mid majors out of conference that were very good. Played at Elon, Indiana State, at Southern Illinois, and Wright State. Indiana State is a top 10 RPI. Also played midweek games against Indiana, Louisville, and Xavier- all top 60.

The 200+ RPI teams hurt your SOS.

Yeah, small potatoes to you guys, but we needed to win a series on the road versus a good team, finish strong, all that…we did about as expected from a couple weeks ago. Totally content with how we’ve gotten better. It was always gonna be a slog, but it seems like they are trying. I will take that every day of the week.

I think they've gotten better as the year went along but the front portion of the schedule (except Mizzou) was brutal. So, things appeared worse than what they were.

As far as Florida goes, I'm happy because the pitching has started to come along. But, again, in a two out of three series, you never know what can happen.

The raw numbers would seem to suggest we’re the odd man out if they look just at SEC wins and RPI. But, I feel like we’re the best team of this bunch and it would be frustrating if we didn’t get a hosting spot.

There are a lot of jokes on here about "(insert name here) hates us". One way Tennessee could be screwed is that they really rubbed people the wrong way last year.

Don't know if that will have an impact with selection, but it could.

There are a lot of jokes on here about "(insert name here) hates us". One way Tennessee could be screwed is that they really rubbed people the wrong way last year.

Don't know if that will have an impact with selection, but it could.

I don’t know if it will, but I wouldn’t be shocked. I’m of the opinion we have to make the semi-finals of Hoover to possibly host. We’re the hottest team out of the bunch of teams listed above, but I don’t think the committee is going to put more weight on how teams are playing right now than they will the rest of the season. South Carolina really shouldn’t host considering they are 3-9 in their last 11 SEC games.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back