The Official Tennessee @ South Carolina Weekend Series Thread (Fri. 7PM EST SEC NET+) (Sat. 2PM EST & 1 Hour after first game completion SEC NETWORK)

Hope you are well! Given all we replaced after last year…we could also be Ole Miss based on the way we started.
I don’t think he is well at all...he’s giving the Vols props...someone check that guy for a fever, I think he has come down with the reptile flu.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I don’t know if it will, but I wouldn’t be shocked. I’m of the opinion we have to make the semi-finals of Hoover to possibly host. We’re the hottest team out of the bunch of teams listed above, but I don’t think the committee is going to put more weight on how teams are playing right now than they will the rest of the season. South Carolina really shouldn’t host considering they are 3-9 in their last 11 SEC games.

3-9 in last eleven games, eh?

Your local Community College is all cringy right now..

Reactions: chuckiepoo
IMO, Tennessee should host out of respect for the fact that they had the toughest SEC schedule playing LSU, Arkansas, Florida, Vanderbilt and South Carolina.

3 of those were on the road

They were 8-7 in those games which doesn't sound impressive, but the amount of teams that could play 15 games against those teams and end up with a winning record is few.
Appreciate the kudos from a Gator fan. Not to pick nits, but TN was actually 7-8 against the teams listed (LSU 1-2, Arkansas 0-3, Florida 1-2, Vanderbilt 3-0 and South Carolina 2-1). One game though is the difference in a winning record and not.

Does Tennessee get the benefit because East is by RPI better than the west? Could be in play as well as Tuesday games to hosting. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: chuckiepoo
The raw numbers would seem to suggest we’re the odd man out if they look just at SEC wins and RPI. But, I feel like we’re the best team of this bunch and it would be frustrating if we didn’t get a hosting spot.

Only one of these teams has three series wins over top 10 rpi teams… and it’s not South Carolina, Auburn, Kentucky, or Alabama…. Just saying 🤷‍♂️

Only one of these teams has three series wins over top 10 rpi teams… and it’s not South Carolina, Auburn, Kentucky, or Alabama…. Just saying 🤷‍♂️
It’s a tough call IMO. We have the series wins but Auburn and Scar have the better overall records vs common opponents. Cases can be made for the quality series wins and for being more consistent in winning games overall. I want to host but if the SEC only gets 6 and they choose AU and SCar for the last 2 I don’t think they got it “wrong”. If it’s us and AU or us and Scar, I don’t think they get it wrong either. Cases can be made for all 3.

VN Store

Back