The Official Tennessee Tech @ Tennessee Game Thread Tuesday April 18, 2023 6:30 PM EST SEC NETWORK +

I try to stay positive, but I'm not sure this team can be salvaged as is. Tony may need to hit the portal hard for help after this season. The problem with that is we know teams like LSU have more money to spend than we do.

Your statement is incorrect. “We all”? No man, there are a bunch of us in here that have religiously watched Tennessee baseball for a long time and have participated in a ton of these game threads year in and year out. We’re getting tired of the drive bys from casual fans. The casual fans that don’t pay very much attention to the nature of baseball and how quick it can change are the ones that thought there would zero fall off.
Geez everyone is jumping on me lol. All I said was this team isn’t very good. Do they have time to turn it around sure. But I’ve seen no signs of it yet.

Reactions: rockytop36
@OrngeJuiceJones OJJ is a legit fan. Always full of post game anxiety and gloom but I will give them credit…They’re here, win or lose, and don’t just drive by. They’ll be back Friday cheering for us against Vandy even if there’s 7 shots of liquor and 5 “my gods” involved.
I miss the good ol days of back to back to back Luc, Gilbert and Beck DONGS, causing OJJ to streak through his yard naked!
😞

As bad as it feels you’re building for next year as much as you are fighting for this year at this point. Can’t fill the transfer portal with pissed guys. There’s a fine balance Tony has to walk and I’m glad I’m not in his shoes.
Wonder what he will say? What else could he say that has not already been said? The boys have to make the change. They have not forgotten how to play baseball. All mental at this point.

As bad as it feels you’re building for next year as much as you are fighting for this year at this point. Can’t fill the transfer portal with pissed guys. There’s a fine balance Tony has to walk and I’m glad I’m not in his shoes.
Yep. He's kept a bunch of kids by convincing them to wait their turn. He's a players coach. To kick them to kick them to the curb now would certainly have an impact. Still, to continue playing the same guys with the same results will also have an impact on recruiting. He's kinda between the proverbial rock and hard place now. I'll be interested to see how he handles things going forward the rest of the year. He's certainly gonna earn that raise.

Geez everyone is jumping on me lol. All I said was this team isn’t very good. Do they have time to turn it around sure. But I’ve seen no signs of it yet.
You are correct sir. There are zero signs that this will turn around.

I expect some serious shake up in the coaching staff after this year, and a serious run at getting a certain ex-asst. coach back on campus!

VN Store

Back