The Official Tennessee vs. #2 Oregon Game Thread, 3:30pm ET(09/14/13), ABC

I knew it was gonna be tough but I honestly thought we could compete a little. Ah well, tomorrow morning ill still have orange in my house. I've been a fan all my life and especially the past 5 years. How can hell be any worse?

Reactions: 1 person
We seem to forget that we lost to worse teams last year with a better QB. We are playing with Dooley's players, we have a new coach, and a (relatively) new scheme. Bray would not have made much difference in this game, given those factors and this defense. None of this is surprising, except to the deluded minions who think trouncing Austin Peay and WKU were indicative of great potential.

This place is so retarded. Some of you posted all week how we had a chance, would get the upsets, now we're getting housed (like other said would happen) and some of the same people are saying the season is over.

My goodness.

Some people aren't realistic. I blame them why I'm pissed right now because this is what I expected from our current team.

Here is the thing: You can't run the read option if you are going to play Worley and not run the QB. I said this last week. What is the point? Why did we throw once to Smith in first half and not since? Their FRESHMAN tight end has worn us out. Downs is older and not half as good--he is slow. Croom should be playing TE, IMO.

If the read tells the qb to hand the ball off, then it doesn't matter. No qb should run the ball if the read tells him to hand it off.

The problem I'm seeing is that with the read option it's not really an option if the QB never runs with it, there have been many times where they didn't even bother to cover Worley. Either you let him run, or you stop doing that play because they aren't falling for it.

VN Store

Back