The Official Tennessee vs. #2 Oregon Game Thread, 3:30pm ET(09/14/13), ABC

Too many people post when drunk. We are lacking talent. The second half team we see will prove if this coaching staff as what it takes to get it done. From play calling to player substitutions to energy and moral. Definitely a proving ground for butch.

Are you happy with a 38-7 halftime moral victory?

No, but I'm not going to give up on a team and coaching staff after one game. Oregon isn't the 2nd ranked team in the country by accident. Were coming off a season where we lost all of our offensive talent and one of the worst defenses in program history. Did you think Butch Jones was going to fix all that in one off season? Yeah it sucks were getting beat down but I'm not gonna sit here and cry and pout and talk s**t on the coaching staff. Oregon makes just about every team look like this.

No playmakers
No depth on defense
Injuries
Can't move sticks
Young team
QB can't make throws.

They may hang 70 on us. Embarrassing.

We've got a GOOD, Experienced OL but we are not taking advantage of it. Why? I think it's the stupid read option. We are running the back across the formation, so the play is slow developing and giving them time to get to the ball. Bama is still running I formation and jamming it down A&M's throat! And since we have NO DECEPTION in our offense, our running plays are easy to read.

I can't believe some of this s**t being posted on here. Oh wait it's Volnation yes I do.

Yes we should stay the definition of insanity and continue to play conservative. Cant believe things that are being posted. Wait in my 35 years of vol fan we have never had our asses kicked like this

Butch Jones if you don't start a new QB you my friend buy the same underwear for the past ten years and are stuck in missionary position.

This place is so retarded. Some of you posted all week how we had a chance, would get the upsets, now we're getting housed (like other said would happen) and some of the same people are saying the season is over.

My goodness.

A least some Vol fans have some common sense!

We've got a GOOD, Experienced OL but we are not taking advantage of it. Why? I think it's the stupid read option. We are running the back across the formation, so the play is slow developing and giving them time to get to the ball. Bama is still running I formation and jamming it down A&M's throat! And since we have NO DECEPTION in our offense, our running plays are easy to read.

This all day long.

I don't know how many thought we would actually win but I bet more thought they would be more competitive than what they are.
I also thought we had more than 2 running plays in the playbook
We Don't have a QB,LB,RB,CB or any depth! It is what it is and we are paying millions in buyouts for this!

Enjoy it while you can Oregon! Our bully big brothers
Bama and TAMU will get out revenge for us!!!

:rolleyes:

We seem to forget that we lost to worse teams last year with a better QB. We are playing with Dooley's players, we have a new coach, and a (relatively) new scheme. Bray would not have made much difference in this game, given those factors and this defense. None of this is surprising, except to the deluded minions who think trouncing Austin Peay and WKU were indicative of great potential.

Most UT fans wanted to see the team compete against a great team. Don't know if they have "competed" that much.

I don't think anyone realizes how good Oregon is. They will go unbeaten this year and play in the big game. There are maybe one or two sec teams that could hang with them and I don't think any can beat them and yes that includes bama.

VN Store

Back