The Official Tennessee vs Charlotte Regional Game Thread Friday 6PM EST ESPNU

Since the family is joining me on Sat, would you recommend staying in downtown Greenville? I’ve been there but they haven‘t and assume they would appreciate that neat downtown area. If it was just me, I’d just stay in Clemson close to campus and the baseball stadium but is there enough to keep wife and teenagers entertained in Clemson?
I’d definitely recommend Greenville if you have the option to go there. Plenty to do in downtown. Highway 123 runs directly from Greenville to Clemson, so it takes 30-45 min, depending on traffic.

Is

Thanks for the info. Any recommendations for restaurants close to campus? Esso?
Esso is a must to say you’ve done it. If you get there Thursday night it’s worth stopping as they used to have $0.25 chicken wings/tenders and its order how many you want. I’m sure that number has crept up in the 14 yrs since I’ve left lol but worth a shot to see if they’re still maybe $0.50 apiece or something. We wore Esso out every Thursday night. As the other guy said, the meat and 3 at lunch is great, it’s like most others, couple meat choices and 5-7 sides to choose from, so could eat there everyday and never eat the same thing.

Mac’s Drive In in Pendleton is the best cheeseburger you’ll ever eat. My only regret was waiting till my last night of living there to finally go to it; I made up for it by ordering a 2nd double cheeseburger after eating the 1st one.

TD’s on the edge of campus and downtown is a good sports bar environment with solid food. Me and my roommates chose to eat there often for lunch just for the food; if/when games are going it’s even better.

Last edited:
Esso is a must to say you’ve done it. If you get there Thursday night it’s worth stopping as they used to have $0.25 chicken wings/tenders and its order how many you want. I’m sure that number has crept up in the 14 yrs since I’ve left lol but worth a shot to see if they’re still maybe $0.50 apiece or something. We wore Esso out every Thursday night. As the other guy said, the meat and 3 at lunch is great, it’s like most others, couple meat choices and 5-7 sides to choose from, so could eat there everyday and never eat the same thing.

Mac’s Drive In in Pendleton is the best cheeseburger you’ll ever eat. My only regret was waiting till my last night of living there to finally go to it; I made up for it by ordering a 2nd double cheeseburger after eating the 1st one.

TD’s on the edge of campus and downtown is a good sports bar environment with solid food. Me and my roommates chose to eat there often for lunch just for the food; if/when games are going it’s even better.
i want to say they are 75 cents now, wing prices went thru the roof last year, even though theyve come down thru distributors, the restaurants have not come down.

Thanks for the info. Will give them a try.

GrennvillIan here. Def come visit for this weekend’s series. If you need bar/dinner recs I can help for all price ranges. We do have a Lewis bbq now and there are about 8 breweries downtown or in the walkable circle. There’s a TN Yee Haw brewery that will surely be tinged Big Orange. You’ll feel like you’re in Rocky Top right in the middle of tiger country.

Fryeguy, if you make it in, let me know. I’ll buy you a cold one. We need to catch up.😉.

GrennvillIan here. Def come visit for this weekend’s series. If you need bar/dinner recs I can help for all price ranges. We do have a Lewis bbq now and there are about 8 breweries downtown or in the walkable circle. There’s a TN Yee Haw brewery that will surely be tinged Big Orange. You’ll feel like you’re in Rocky Top right in the middle of tiger country.

Fryeguy, if you make it in, let me know. I’ll buy you a cold one. We need to catch up.😉.
did you used to park on top of 11th street garage for football?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Go by Shoeless Joe Museum. Interesting place. Wife has a picture or two in it of Joe Jackson who caught middle son at the Citadel.

House/museum definitely worth it. The sign outside of his old liquor store is the only evidence of it- just look at my picture and save yourself the trip to the store.
IMG_2896.jpegIMG_2895.jpegIMG_2897.jpegIMG_2900.jpeg

Cmon folks. Let’s go!! I’m getting 6-8 more premium tickets in the next hour. These are either behind home plate or just up 1B line. $35 each. Trying to rally the troops to get more BaseVol supporters In Clemson on Fri night. I‘ve been talking to Clemson season ticket holders all day procuring great seats. They are nice folks (at least until we beat them). GBO!

volsgo@outlook.com. Include your VN name

I wish I could, will have to watch from home. Thanks for buying extra tickets, a true Vol!

I wish I could, will have to watch from home. Thanks for buying extra tickets, a true Vol!
As they say at Chik-fil-a, it’s my pleasure. 🍊😀👍👊😃🍊. I appreciate the kind words. Now, let’s cheer the BaseVols on to victory so we have an epic matchup on Sat night Vs Clemson! D1 says it’s the most anticipated game in the Regionals.

VN Store

Back