The Official Tennessee vs LSU College World Series Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 17 7PM EST) ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they dont, its just an interesting conversation now.

I get it. They need something to talk about on their show, but come post season, you just don’t see coaches make those changes. Same conversation around line ups- you just don’t mess with it once you get this far. Doe has given up 4 a game even when “he’s on” so I don’t see it making any difference. Some days you feel angry because you feel like you gave a game away, some days you just get beat by a good team. Today was the latter.

It was 6-3 in the same way the Georgia game was only 27-14
How does that comparison make any sense to you? The game was as close as it was. They threw the best pitcher in the nation. I’m not going to hate on any of our players. But we didn’t throw the best pitcher in our dugout.

How did UVA drop the ball? Hitting 2 bombs after being held in check is UF being UF; their offense is great and they have serious power in 5-6 spots in the lineup.

They’re also 51-15 and regular season winners of an absolutely loaded SEC. I think one of the 3 SEC teams wins the whole thing. And yes, because of their elite arms, TN can still make a serious run.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Yep, and sometimes the best strategy against a pitcher like Skenes is to be patient, make him throw a lot of pitches, and get him out of the game. That’s not possible with the parting of the red seas strike zone.

Bingo. This is where Ahuna taking him to 8 pitches while simultaneously being roasted online for “guaranteed strikeout” is funny to me. Run that count, get some additional looks and get it to the pen. That’s all you can do against a Skenes type player. There was a reason Johnson had him in at 124 pitches.

Maybe not official errors, but the 4th run (i think) was scored because the pitcher didn't cleanly field the ball. If he had, he would have checked the guy on 3rd and kept him from scoring. The SS missed a ball too that hurt us.
The ball that was smoked to Maui was scoring a run the whole time even if he fields it cleanly. The hitter is likely safe as well which is why it was ruled a hit and not an error. The backbreaker was CScott not holding Crews to a single on the blooper. That “double” led directly to a run a few AB’s later.

Most disappointing aspect of the game was the late fielding mistakes and lapses. We're in it against any non-super human pitcher.

LSU is a super sketchy team that is likely cheating.

Most disappointing aspect of the game was the late fielding mistakes and lapses. We're in it against any non-super human pitcher.

LSU is a super sketchy team that is likely cheating.

Let’s not drop to the level of Vandy fans 2022, they’re not cheating, it’s called NIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back