The Official Tennessee vs LSU College World Series Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 17 7PM EST) ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I saw the follow up post. Unfounded and we didn’t like it when fans constantly accused us of it in 2022. I just don’t think it’s a good look to be tossing at other teams when they beat us fair and square.
It's baseball. I wouldn't say it's ever unfounded. Certainly throwing the ball 100+ mph on 120 repetitions is extraordinary.

It’s a tough conference. Also says a lot when everybody but you and two others overcame all that plus the other schools to get a natty trophy too. I’m thrilled we’re starting to be the athletics program we should be but I’m also not going to forget the 2010-2020 period and that UT had the worst decade of any SEC program relative to where they should be.

I am rooting for UT baseball because I know/knew, Charlie Taylor a little bit.
I came to THIS forum, VolNation, ONLY because of Charlie Taylor. I was hoping for him to be able get an at bat in the 9th tonight. Charlie was in the on deck circle when the last out was made.

UT sports are on the verge of greatness. Being great at more than two at a time is a lot to ask.

It's a reality ... Skenes was given a large strike zone to work with.

Livan Hernandez was a good pitcher too. That doesn't mean that Eric Gregg called a good game behind the plate in Game 5 of the 1997 NLCS between the Marlins and the Braves.
I’ve never seen anything like that 1997 NLCS. Pitches a foot off the plate were called strikes.

I would rather have faced Wake or Stanford in Game 1. Anyone else but Skenes. Dude is a freakin' buzzsaw.
At least we got it out of the way. I like our pitching over everyone else’s the rest of the way. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Frank try and save Burns for a potential Wednesday start if we make it that far. A lot of options to go with pitching-wise.

Reactions: Volprofch05
At least we got it out of the way. I like our pitching over everyone else’s the rest of the way. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Frank try and save Burns for a potential Wednesday start if we make it that far. A lot of options to go with pitching-wise.
I had been trying to figure the options for Wednesday should we make it. Burns certainly could do it.

Reactions: VolPack22
I cannot believe how many losers we have here that congregate in the game thread. Can’t imagine what life for some of these people looks like. First sign of some tough sledding and they bitch, moan, and quit.
Agreed. Spot on—some really weak minded folks who jump off the bandwagon so fast it will make your head spin. They don’t support the team—just like kicking them when they are down.

Tough night for the Vols. Tried to scrap back.

Question: how bad was the plate umpire. It was hard to tell from the 1st base line.

I had been trying to figure the options for Wednesday should we make it. Burns certainly could do it.

Think it would likely be Halvy. I would think Burns gets some run Monday and/or Tuesday.

Then probably back to Lindsay for Thursday and Dollander/Beam in games 1-2 of the final.

But have to win 4 in a row now, so they’ll take it one game at a time and do what they have to do to win each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back