The Official Tennessee vs LSU College World Series Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 17 7PM EST) ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umps used to say that calling Randy Johnson was close to impossible just from the eye fatigue of tracking balls at that speed. Typically the zone grew as his pitches drifted out over time. Skenes threw 46 pitches over 100 tonight. I’m not making excuses for the bad calls, but great fastball pitchers tend to get more calls as the game goes on. He’s going to be a starter in the show by mid Summer next year. We lost. Let’s go win some games.

The clown was a mlb ump reject for a reason. Call the game even and give the kids a chance. A lot of baseball left. Stay tuned.

Yeah I saw the follow up post. Unfounded and we didn’t like it when fans constantly accused us of it in 2022. I just don’t think it’s a good look to be tossing at other teams when they beat us fair and square.
The difference with us last year is nobody made major jumps from the year prior. Ortega and Trey didn’t play meaningful innings in 2021 so it’s hard to say they took a giant leap. We know for a fact that Skenes has picked up 5-7MPH on his average fastball. That’s an unbelievable jump in a year.

The difference with us last year is nobody made major jumps from the year prior. Ortega and Trey didn’t play meaningful innings in 2021 so it’s hard to say they took a giant leap. We know for a fact that Skenes has picked up 5-7MPH on his average fastball. That’s an unbelievable jump in a year.
Beam has picked up 3 to 4 mph from what I heard.

Reactions: jth3z and MT_Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back