The Official Tennessee vs LSU College World Series Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 17 7PM EST) ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran into an LSU fan who knows baseball at the airport, said he was praying we would lose because our pitching depth scares him

Later sat with the family of a KY pitcher and they told me the LSU fans treated their horribly and they were going to root for TN to beat them
Baton Rouge sucks for opposing fans in pretty much every sport when the games
A. Matter
B. Are at night
C. They win

Much bigger field in Omaha compared to Lindsey Nelson Stadium. Outfield coverage and gap hitting will be a key for us.

Lindsey Nelson Stadium
Left Field:
320 ft
Left-Center Field: 360 ft
Center Field: 390 ft
Right-Center Field: 360 ft
Right Field: 320 ft

Charles Schwab Field
Left Field:
335 ft
Left-Center Field: 375 ft
Center Field: 408 ft
Right-Center Field: 375 ft
Right Field: 335 ft

Much bigger field in Omaha compared to Lindsey Nelson Stadium. Outfield coverage and gap hitting will be a key for us.

Lindsey Nelson Stadium
Left Field:
320 ft

Charles Schwab Field
Left Field:
335 ft

I'm assuming the 479 ft home run is a home run anywhere! :)

Ran into an LSU fan who knows baseball at the airport, said he was praying we would lose because our pitching depth scares him

Later sat with the family of a KY pitcher and they told me the LSU fans treated their horribly and they were going to root for TN to beat them
LSU bullpen is suspect...& that's being kind. GBO

OP said to use our 3rd or 4th best. That's what I r was disagreeing with. Dolly and Beam are both possibilities for sure.
There use to 7 day rest so my guess would be Lindsey to start 1st game. Really don't think they charge the rotation. Anderson will probably make the call of Tony makes the final decision. GBO 💥

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Good points. But we have four terrific pitchers that are all about the same in quality. Lindsay, Beam, Dolly, and Burns could all be your #1. There's not much difference, so might as well throw the bell cow this game and stick with what brung ya. Either way, in the next game(s), we'll have lots of quality pitching. Also, I think if you don't give the ball to Lindsay, it might send a funky message to him and the team.
Another positive is LSU hasn’t seen Lindsey. Our series with them was before he moved into the starting role.

Lindsey Nelson Stadium
Left Field:
320 ft

Charles Schwab Field
Left Field:
335 ft
That won't hold 479 ft.

LSU bullpen is suspect...& that's being kind. GBO
First, congrats on the win last night! I said it the other day, and I’ll say it again, the Vols deserve to be in Omaha!

Our pen is thin for sure. Lost several guys earlier in the season. However, if there’s a positive note, our pen didn’t give up a single run in the supers. So, as with most good teams, our pitching has really improved as the season came to a close, and heading into the post season.

This will be, imo, the best game of the opening round. Preseason #1 vs preseason #2. Our side of the bracket is ridiculous though!

Looking forward to the weekend, and best of luck to all you Vol fans. Also, praying for safe travels and a great time for all of you heading to Omaha!

First, congrats on the win last night! I said it the other day, and I’ll say it again, the Vols deserve to be in Omaha!

Our pen is thin for sure. Lost several guys earlier in the season. However, if there’s a positive note, our pen didn’t give up a single run in the supers. So, as with most good teams, our pitching has really improved as the season came to a close, and heading into the post season.

This will be, imo, the best game of the opening round. Preseason #1 vs preseason #2. Our side of the bracket is ridiculous though!

Looking forward to the weekend, and best of luck to all you Vol fans. Also, praying for safe travels and a great time for all of you heading to Omaha!
Good luck and safe travels to ya’ll, too. Looking forward to a prime time event Saturday night. They deserve it. Great way to start the CWS!

Another positive is LSU hasn’t seen Lindsey. Our series with them was before he moved into the starting role.
He threw in relief in game 2. 4.2 innings maybe, like 5 hits, but only one run. So they’ve definitely seen him. No doubt tho that as a starter it’s different

Reactions: Ryno14
Lots of discussion on tigerdroppings about saving Skenes for Wake Forest or pitching him against us. Lots of support on both sides.

Doubt they would do that, but would love it if they did.
I saw one comment on there yesterday talking about that. The guy who suggested saving Skenes got blasted by several others though, and I didn’t see him get any support. Haven’t checked today, so I guess that changed. I’d be completely shocked if Skenes didn’t throw on Saturday, and I’m expecting he will. About 99.9% certain about that. Would be a HUGE mistake if he didn’t, imo.

Reactions: drylo
During the Burns 7th inning sacrifice, the So Miss fans and players knew it was over and so did all of college baseball.
When Burns K'd him my brother texted me...Game! I'm sitting in the stadium and told him outside of our fanbase that place completely deflated and you could feel that it was over and they had resigned themselves to defeat. Not until the 3-0 count on the 2nd batter of the 9th did that place remotely wake up from that point on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back