The Official Tennessee vs S.Miss Super Regional Game 3 Thread 10:06 PM EST ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the start time is perfect for thunderstorm delays. I could see this game delayed a few hours from start time.

NCAA is caught in a jam here. Go early and that park will not be full - darn there goes the reason ($$) for selecting the location and it will not be the environment that USM wants and they will complain. Go late to avoid the rain and risk not finishing... Then the odd rules kick in and OH BOY the backlash. I kind of enjoy the idea of the NCAA being in a bind.
Me too, I just wish it weren’t us caught in the middle.

OK, I checked out when Vols were down yesterday; should know better than post on VN with game going on. Fortunately, Tennessee had the grit to get it done. Question: what happened in the stands yesterday? Were USM fans throwing things at Tony Vitellos's father, & did Christian Scott's father come down to stop it? My son said that Mr. Scott was ejected from the stadium but was let back in (maybe after a phone call from Danny White?) Also, during Friday's rain delays, Tennessee was sent underneath the stadium to wait if a place with only concrete seats. Sounds like USM is a bush league place for sure. :cool: Hope someone can clarify this.

OK, I checked out when Vols were down yesterday; should know better than post on VN with game going on. Fortunately, Tennessee had the grit to get it done. Question: what happened in the stands yesterday? Were USM fans throwing things at Tony Vitellos's father, & did Christian Scott's father come down to stop it? My son said that Mr. Scott was ejected from the stadium but was let back in (maybe after a phone call from Danny White?) Also, during Friday's rain delays, Tennessee was sent underneath the stadium to wait if a place with only concrete seats. Sounds like USM is a bush league place for sure. :cool: Hope someone can clarify this.
That you Jimmy Hyams ?

That start time looks like the best weather window. And gives the Eagles pitchers a few more hours to recover 😄

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Giving credit where credit is due, Vanderbilt Hospital saved me. UT Medcenter nearly killed me. They can't play football, but they're damn good doctors.

My family has benefitted a number of times from the brilliance of the doctors at Vanderbilt and Vanderbilt children’s. There are things more important than sports and we are lucky to live in a city with great health care. Vanderbilt is a huge part of that. I’m glad they saved you, Buddy.

Things were being thrown at Greg Vitello by some USM fans. Mr. Scott came down to try to talk to the rude USM fans, and an usher intervened. Took it upon himself to throw Mr. Scott out of the game. Afterwards, the usher talked to fans in the area about the incident, and they corroborated that it all was started by a USM fan throwing objects. In turn, that USM fan was kicked out and Mr. Scott was allowed re-entry into the game.

Alright let's take care of business. Good news about the highest rpi moving on in the event they can't get the game in. My BVS was tingling about that.
So does the game have to be done by midnight? Surely they’d make an exception. Either way, with the turf field they will get it in. Just a matter of waiting out the rain.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

All true. I gave details on the game thread as it was going on. Mostly throwing cups, but c'mon - how bush is that? C Scott's dad got put outside temporarily - he was pretty hot and offered to rearrange some people's dental work. Witnesses intervened and security let him back in.
Part of the exciting Hattiesburg experience I guess.

Not quite, just a curmudgeon Vol fan wondering...
Yes the So Miss facility is podunk.
Glorified highschool field with no visitor locker room..Yes our guys were huddled under the bleachers during delays.
Visitors facilities are across the street at the basketball facility.
God forbid someone needs to go to the can or be seen by trainers.

Tennessee Baseball Sheltering Under Bleachers Sparks Anger Over Southern Miss As Super Regional Host

Scroll down to the bottom for pics

Last edited:
5 innings

Just what if scenarios -

- If less than 4 innings, Tennessee has the highest RPI so they move forward regardless of the score.
- If 5 innings complete, if one team has more runs they move forward.
- If 5 innings complete, if teams are tied, Tennessee moves forward.

Hope they get the game in - would rather see one team win it the old-fashioned way than have the controversy. And are we certain out RPI is higher. After all that has happened I'm sure these rules will not work in our favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back