The Official Tennessee vs S.Miss Super Regional Game 3 Thread 10:06 PM EST ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the start time is perfect for thunderstorm delays. I could see this game delayed a few hours from start time.
What better way to stop our runs with "lightning in the vicinity" delays? It also will go a long way in negating our pitching advantage with all the stops and starts. Then with us being in the ballpark for hours longer, our first game in Omaha will be among, if not, THE first one of the event. Yeah, conspiracy runs deep with me, but you know this is making the NCAA very happy. They're doing a masterful job of making sure we're kneecapped in Omaha....if we manage to win today. Between the weather and blue bois, I think the deck is really stacked against our Vols today.

Just what if scenarios -

- If less than 4 innings, Tennessee has the highest RPI so they move forward regardless of the score.
- If 5 innings complete, if one team has more runs they move forward.
- If 5 innings complete, if teams are tied, Tennessee moves forward.

Hope they get the game in - would rather see one team win it the old-fashioned way than have the controversy. And are we certain out RPI is higher. After all that has happened I'm sure these rules will not work in our favor.
Need to read the Super Regional paragraph. The Super Regional is best two our of three.

What better way to stop our runs with "lightning in the vicinity" delays? It also will go a long way in negating our pitching advantage with all the stops and starts. Then with us being in the ballpark for hours longer, our first game in Omaha will be among, if not, THE first one of the event. Yeah, conspiracy runs deep with me, but you know this is making the NCAA very happy. They're doing a masterful job of making sure we're kneecapped in Omaha....if we manage to win today. Between the weather and blue bois, I think the deck is really stacked against our Vols today.
WGWTA

Hoover - A&M guy had ERA of 12 with hitters batting .368 off him. We got one hit over nine innings. Pitch a stiff, we hit like bums.

Matt ‘lights out’ Adams
That's just BVS rearing its ugly head. Any pitcher could have a game where the lights finally come on. I'll take Beam over Adams all day every day.

Last edited:
Just what if scenarios -

- If less than 4 innings, Tennessee has the highest RPI so they move forward regardless of the score.

Hope they get the game in - would rather see one team win it the old-fashioned way than have the controversy. And are we certain out RPI is higher. After all that has happened I'm sure these rules will not work in our favor.
LOL - this will be the NCAA to Southern Miss tonight when they realize Tennessee has the higher RPI at the moment...

2higha.jpg

Just what if scenarios -

Not that I don’t believe you, but where are you finding this? Do you have a link?

Reactions: Orange.
Just what if scenarios -

1686572185645.png

Not that I don’t believe you, but where are you finding this? Do you have a link?
It’s who ever has the highest RPI when the regionals are complete if series is tied. If series is tied it goes to highest seed. If both are equal seeds(both #2) then it will go to ever has the highest RPI once the regionals completed.
UT- 12
USM-19

NCAA is caught in a jam here. Go early and that park will not be full - darn there goes the reason ($$) for selecting the location and it will not be the environment that USM wants and they will complain. Go late to avoid the rain and risk not finishing... Then the odd rules kick in and OH BOY the backlash. I kind of enjoy the idea of the NCAA being in a bind.
tickets already sold. doesn't matter if they show up.

That's just BVS rearing its ugly head. Any pitcher could have a game where the lights finally come on. I'll take Beam over Adams all day every day.

Hope you are right. It will a tough environment today. The USM people will not go down within a drunken fight to the end.

Reactions: drvenner
Things were being thrown at Greg Vitello by some USM fans. Mr. Scott came down to try to talk to the rude USM fans, and an usher intervened. Took it upon himself to throw Mr. Scott out of the game. Afterwards, the usher talked to fans in the area about the incident, and they corroborated that it all was started by a USM fan throwing objects. In turn, that USM fan was kicked out and Mr. Scott was allowed re-entry into the game.
Bert Scott and Tony's dad were separate incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back