The Official Tennessee vs S.Miss Super Regional Game 3 Thread 10:06 PM EST ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.
All true. I gave details on the game thread as it was going on. Mostly throwing cups, but c'mon - how bush is that? C Scott's dad got put outside temporarily - he was pretty hot and offered to rearrange some people's dental work. Witnesses intervened and security let him back in.
Part of the exciting Hattiesburg experience I guess.
Well, that's an indictment on Usm fans & college. Trashy. :mad:

Things were being thrown at Greg Vitello by some USM fans. Mr. Scott came down to try to talk to the rude USM fans, and an usher intervened. Took it upon himself to throw Mr. Scott out of the game. Afterwards, the usher talked to fans in the area about the incident, and they corroborated that it all was started by a USM fan throwing objects. In turn, that USM fan was kicked out and Mr. Scott was allowed re-entry into the game.
Thanks to all for clarification. Love VN!

Things were being thrown at Greg Vitello by some USM fans. Mr. Scott came down to try to talk to the rude USM fans, and an usher intervened. Took it upon himself to throw Mr. Scott out of the game. Afterwards, the usher talked to fans in the area about the incident, and they corroborated that it all was started by a USM fan throwing objects. In turn, that USM fan was kicked out and Mr. Scott was allowed re-entry into the game.
I was listening to Basillio yesterday afternoon, when they were discussing the incident his sources were telling him Burkes mom was the one that played peacekeepers and talked to the ushers and got them straight. They said Scott's dad missed 2 innings before he was allowed back.

bracket has us (potentially) listed in bracket 1, which is usually games 1 and 2 of CWS (Friday, this year). doesn't make sense, though, since Oral, TCU, UVA, and Florida all played Fri-Sun series and the others were all Sat-Mon.

Reactions: rockytop36
local television forecast:

Yes, I'm amazed they had local TV

Not a bad weekend across the area thanks to a particularly beautiful Sunday, but we’re right back to a familiar summertime pattern again today. That means another round of afternoon thunderstorms, a bummer given the NCAA Super Regional between Tennessee and USM wraps up today. Thankfully, it looks like if there are any delays they will be fairly short. It looks to me as if they’ll start a bit earlier than expected, which should have them breaking up/moving on by the time we head into the evening. Either way, rain is coming.

It won’t arrive until the afternoon though, around lunchtime at the earliest, but much more likely near 2 PM. Some guidance has it happening a bit later, but it’ll all come down to those mid-morning hours and the heating we’ll see just before noon. There is a level 2 risk of severe weather, so any thunderstorms that do form have a low chance of bringing windy conditions with possible hail. Stay tuned for updates. I’ll be checking the timing again before midday, and will post to social media throughout the day on any developing trends. The rest of the week is largely similar, but we’re looking ahead to some dangerously hot and humid afternoons over the weekend and next week.

bracket has us (potentially) listed in bracket 1, which is usually games 1 and 2 of CWS (Friday, this year). doesn't make sense, though, since Oral, TCU, UVA, and Florida all played Fri-Sun series and the others were all Sat-Mon.

Once the super regions dates and times are announced, that normally shows which teams play on day 1. You will not the supers that started Friday were all one side of bracket. Bracket "1" was bracket 1 because the #1 seed was in it.

Win and I have zero doubt we play on Saturday. And since that would be against LSU that would be the "primetime" game.

In the VERY unlikely event that a tiebreaker could be used.

I can't find a single metric that would have UT outside.

(1) Current RPI
(2) SOS
(3) Eye Test
(4) Run differential
(5) Road Win > Home Win
(6) Better uniforms that fit
(7) Better looking coach without flop sweat
(8) Better facial hair on roster and staff
(9) Larger fanbase
(10) SEC > whatever podunk conference USM is in this week.

Did some of our guys have issues with the heat yesterday? Heard this morning that we had some guys getting a little ill yesterday.

In the VERY unlikely event that a tiebreaker could be used.

I can't find a single metric that would have UT outside.

(1) Current RPI
(2) SOS
(3) Eye Test
(4) Run differential
(5) Road Win > Home Win
(6) Better uniforms that fit
(7) Better looking coach without flop sweat
(8) Better facial hair on roster and staff
(9) Larger fanbase
(10) SEC > whatever podunk conference USM is in this week.
Hell yes! Very scientific/empirical reasons outlined above. You can’t argue science!

You knew that was going to happen. The NCAA will do any and every thing to get UT out of this tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back