The Official Tennessee vs S.Miss Super Regional Game 3 Thread 10:06 PM EST ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won pitcher of the year in the Sun Belt & is one win away from CWS. Unless he went to LSU or Fla, he couldn’t do much better than that.

His teammate, Hurston Waldrep, from last year just won game two against USCe for UF by pitching 8 shutout innings. He was a 3rd team All-American last year.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
What if they play a few innings, and Southern Miss has a narrow lead before the game gets cancelled, then does higher RPI still advance?
In the case that this does happen (say they play less than 5 innings) and the game gets cancelled and doesn’t complete 5 innings, the score of the game will not matter. It will go to the higher RPI team after the Regionals. But, I would venture to say that if they start the game, they will do everything they can to complete the game.

It sure would be nice to take the lead early and not
have to keep working out of the hole.
Agree. We need to be patient at the plate, stop swinging at balls, and make them pitch to us.Ahuna in particular . Leadoff going 1-5 with 3k is bad. Better teams will dictate to the pitcher what he has to throw to get outs. We're streaky at the plate. Are we better today?

His teammate, Hurston Waldrep, from last year just won game two against USCe for UF by pitching 8 shutout innings. He was a 3rd team All-American last year.

Like I said, unless he went to Fla or LSU, he couldn’t be any better off than he is today with a shot at pitching in CWS. I’d bet he’s damn glad he didn’t transfer to ole miss or State.

If I understand correctly, basically if there is "one pitch" before 11:59 PM local time which is 12:59 EST, the game can then be postponed and played Tuesday or Wednesday, etc. because it was started? The only way the tie breaker kicks is if the game is not started today.

Like I said, unless he went to Fla or LSU, he couldn’t be any better off than he is today with a shot at pitching in CWS. I’d bet he’s damn glad he didn’t transfer to ole miss or State.

Sure, but I am sure there are some schools who could get him more in NIL. Or, he could have been pitching at USCe against his teammate for the right to go. I was just providing an example of his teammate actually doing it.

Agree. We need to be patient at the plate, stop swinging at balls, and make them pitch to us.Ahuna in particular . Leadoff going 1-5 with 3k is bad. Better teams will dictate to the pitcher what he has to throw to get outs. We're streaky at the plate. Are we better today?

Easier said than done when the ump doesn’t know the strike zone.

Reactions: feathersax
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back