The Official Tennessee vs S.Miss Super Regional Game 3 Thread 10:06 PM EST ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long night. Didn’t get home until like 1:00. Congrats to UT, and a well earned series win. Timely hitting and pitching was the difference and you guys just did it better. Sometimes it’s just that simple and glad neither team had a Texas type moment like they did last night. That was a brutal.

Much appreciative to UT baseball team for taking a moment to tip their hats to Coach Berry during their victory celebration. Classy move.

As for the USM chants at the end…. That wasn’t to take away from the Vols victory, but more of a moment to let our players and Berry know we were proud of their season and was a rally cry of support to those guys. At least it felt that way to me while I was there.

Anyway, best of luck in the CWS. You guys can make a run and should be fun to watch. I hope fans and players have a safe and excellent trip.
I thought the chant at the end was totally appropriate. We don't give up supporting our guys if they lose a game, and y'all don't either.

Yep, watched the whole game last night and had to be up for work at 4 AM. Wasn't fun but here I am still at work posting on VN.

Good memories to retain when you are living in the future. I remember the Braves played a game in the 80s that went to 17 xtra innings. I stayed up to watch all of it. Got to work only a couple hours afterwards after the game went off. Living on coffee & donuts.

Long night. Didn’t get home until like 1:00. Congrats to UT, and a well earned series win. Timely hitting and pitching was the difference and you guys just did it better. Sometimes it’s just that simple and glad neither team had a Texas type moment like they did last night. That was a brutal.

Much appreciative to UT baseball team for taking a moment to tip their hats to Coach Berry during their victory celebration. Classy move.

As for the USM chants at the end…. That wasn’t to take away from the Vols victory, but more of a moment to let our players and Berry know we were proud of their season and was a rally cry of support to those guys. At least it felt that way to me while I was there.

Anyway, best of luck in the CWS. You guys can make a run and should be fun to watch. I hope fans and players have a safe and excellent trip.

Classy post, sir.

I have Friday-Sunday off. Am I insane to consider dumping my infant child off on my parents for the weekend and driving 15 hours to Omaha on Friday and 15 hours back on Sunday to see one game on Saturday?

I was thinking the EXACT same thing.
Except my infant is Jake the Wonderdog.

I did this exact same thing in 2021 to watch the longest 9-inning baseball game ever against Miami. But in 2001 I was 29 and not 51 but I will NOT make the rookie mistake of a Long John Silver stop.

Smartphones will make this easier as well as hotels in Western Iowa are more plentiful than I realized back then.

I should see how many people from Knoxville area would want to carpool?

Reactions: ArdentVol
Would be down if I wasn’t in Spartanburg. Guess I’d end up driving through Knoxville regardless though

Yep. Could do a whole Spartanburg, Knoxville, Nashville thing.

Best case scenario is we find a friend with an motorhome. Shift driving. Red Bull Express

If anyone has a motorhome, we all split gas and I'll buy the Schwabb Field Ticket

Yep. Could do a whole Spartanburg, Knoxville, Nashville thing.

Best case scenario is we find a friend with an motorhome or big comfy van. Shift driving. Red Bull Express

If anyone has a motorhome, we all split gas and I'll buy the Schwabb Field Ticket

Tri-Cities and Carolina guys meet in Knoxville. Pick up stragglers in Nashville area.

I stayed up, and got to work at 6:15am. Just have to suck it up and go.

I stayed up, and got to work at 6:15am. Just have to suck it up and go.
good going
retired now and always had miserable hours. threre was a stretch where i'd have to be at desk at 130 am, then it was at 4 am, and later about 2 pm past midnight Eight hour days and days off on a holiday was rare. Made life miserable for Mrs AV, and I missed too many key moments with son.

It's been reassuring to read all these testimonies to the work ethic of Volunteers fans.

Do I dare ask, "Who was the most obnoxious at work today?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back