The Official Tennessee vs S.Miss Super Regional Game 3 Thread 10:06 PM EST ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long night. Didn’t get home until like 1:00. Congrats to UT, and a well earned series win. Timely hitting and pitching was the difference and you guys just did it better. Sometimes it’s just that simple and glad neither team had a Texas type moment like they did last night. That was a brutal.

Much appreciative to UT baseball team for taking a moment to tip their hats to Coach Berry during their victory celebration. Classy move.

As for the USM chants at the end…. That wasn’t to take away from the Vols victory, but more of a moment to let our players and Berry know we were proud of their season and was a rally cry of support to those guys. At least it felt that way to me while I was there.

Anyway, best of luck in the CWS. You guys can make a run and should be fun to watch. I hope fans and players have a safe and excellent trip.
USM impressed this postseason. Your coach seems like a great dude. Fortunately our bats woke up in game 2 because that wasn’t looking too good there.

I had the same reaction to the crowd chants you did. Nothing wrong with that at all. Was actually impressed that the USM crowd was that into it in the 9th when things hadn’t been going their way. Best of luck to the assistant stepping into Coach Berry’s very large shoes

I’m going to take this moment, while this thread will have its biggest audience, to give a personal shout out to Volnation’s @taylorvol I know many of you saw his generosity hooking fellow Vols up during the Clemson series, but I experienced it first hand this week. I had cancelled this trip after it looked like tickets weren’t going to be attainable. He reached out on here and said he may have a ticket available. I thought “too good to be true” lol. Sitting at dinner Wed night, I get a text message from AXS tickets saying “you have been transferred tickets from “xxxxx”. Wouldn’t let me pay him more than what he paid, even when tickets were going for $600+ per session on StubHub.

It’s rare that I’m struck by random acts of kindness, and upon reflection, I’m sad that’s the world we currently live in. We get too obsessed with all the “othering” and tribalism of sticking with our own - that we no longer just act with a sense of gratitude and generosity to complete strangers. It reminds me of why I thank God every day that I was born, and will die a TENNESSEE Vol. It’s the brotherhood and sisterhood of VFLs spread across this nation that make this fan base unique. Genuinely, I thank you, TaylorVol. It’s been awesome meeting you and your wife and getting to know a fellow posi-Vol. You epitome the definition of VFL. GBO! 🍊 now let’s go get this win!
Very kind note @Volstylexx. It was a pleasure meeting you and sharing such an outstanding experience of watching the BaseVols prevail in Hattiesburg! You are a true VFL who sees the glass as half full! PS The heat, rainouts, delays, and staying in 3 different hotels in 4 nights was well worth it! Go Vols!

Does the team go straight to Omaha or Knoxville until later in the week?

Dollander, Moore, and Merritt are signing autographs at Dick's at the mall right as we speak, so they are definitely in Knoxville. Last time they went to Omaha, I believe they left town on Wednesday.

I’m going to take this moment, while this thread will have its biggest audience, to give a personal shout out to Volnation’s @taylorvol I know many of you saw his generosity hooking fellow Vols up during the Clemson series, but I experienced it first hand this week. I had cancelled this trip after it looked like tickets weren’t going to be attainable. He reached out on here and said he may have a ticket available. I thought “too good to be true” lol. Sitting at dinner Wed night, I get a text message from AXS tickets saying “you have been transferred tickets from “xxxxx”. Wouldn’t let me pay him more than what he paid, even when tickets were going for $600+ per session on StubHub.

It’s rare that I’m struck by random acts of kindness, and upon reflection, I’m sad that’s the world we currently live in. We get too obsessed with all the “othering” and tribalism of sticking with our own - that we no longer just act with a sense of gratitude and generosity to complete strangers. It reminds me of why I thank God every day that I was born, and will die a TENNESSEE Vol. It’s the brotherhood and sisterhood of VFLs spread across this nation that make this fan base unique. Genuinely, I thank you, TaylorVol. It’s been awesome meeting you and your wife and getting to know a fellow posi-Vol. You epitome the definition of VFL. GBO! 🍊 now let’s go get this win!
I’ve seen many random acts of kindness right here on Vol Nation. We have some kind and generous people and TaylorVol is right at the top of the list. Cheers TaylorVol.

Denton is on fire dating Taylor Swift and hitting home runs. He must of hooked Ahuna up with one of Taylor’s friends. They need to find Stark a girlfriend and then we will be unstoppable.
I’m the past 3 weeks, Stark has put all team on notice, don’t run! He’s gunned down just about everyone who’s attempted a steal. If he gets a hit, it’s a bonus at this point…..he’s a solid catcher

Dollander, Moore, and Merritt are signing autographs at Dick's at the mall right as we speak, so they are definitely in Knoxville. Last time they went to Omaha, I believe they left town on Wednesday.

In 2021, their first game was on Sunday. They’ve changed the starting day. Not sure if that changes when they go.

I’m the past 3 weeks, Stark has put all team on notice, don’t run! He’s gunned down just about everyone who’s attempted a steal. If he gets a hit, it’s a bonus at this point…..he’s a solid catcher
Yes sir. Cal Stark has been gunning them down! Love the comraderie with the catchers (Stark, Chuck Taylor, and Ryan Miller) are the three amigos and are team players!

Collecting my thoughts from Hattiesburg now that we’re finally home:

1) 99% of the USM fans were friendly and hospitable. NCAA mismanaging weather delays and starts/stops put a damper on the experience.
2) Crescent City Grille, 44 Patio, and Midtowners were all really good restaurants. Crescent City was truly outstanding.
3) Pete Taylor Park was underwhelming. We need to start the renovations to LNS ASAP. Only Mizzou has a worst facility in the SEC than LNS. That’s inexcusable and $60M will hopefully put it in top tier (MSU, LSU, Ole Miss, and Arkansas are the standard bearers IMHO).
4) BaseVols weren’t going to be denied. This team embraced all of the diversity and had fire in their eyes
5) From 5-10 to 11-4 finish in SEC shows how this team has grown and matured. They look like a family—dysfunctional at times but they play like they love each other and their coaches.
6) the CWS/Omaha is a blessing and should never be taken for granted. Unlike Wake and LSU (and last year’s team), there’s no expectations and pressure as we are playing with “house money”. Let’s go have fun and leave it all on the field.
7j I can’t wait to make my first trip (after several failed attempts) to Omaha. GBO

🍊👍😃👊😀🍊👍😃👊🍊🍊

Collecting my thoughts from Hattiesburg now that we’re finally home:

1) 99% of the USM fans were friendly and hospitable. NCAA mismanaging weather delays and starts/stops put a damper on the experience.
2) Crescent City Grille, 44 Patio, and Midtowners were all really good restaurants. Crescent City was truly outstanding.
3) Pete Taylor Park was underwhelming. We need to start the renovations to LNS ASAP. Only Mizzou has a worst facility in the SEC than LNS. That’s inexcusable and $60M will hopefully put it in top tier (MSU, LSU, Ole Miss, and Arkansas are the standard bearers IMHO).
4) BaseVols weren’t going to be denied. This team embraced all of the diversity and had fire in their eyes
5) From 5-10 to 11-4 finish in SEC shows how this team has grown and matured. They look like a family—dysfunctional at times but they play like they love each other and their coaches.
6) the CWS/Omaha is a blessing and should never be taken for granted. Unlike Wake and LSU (and last year’s team), there’s no expectations and pressure as we are playing with “house money”. Let’s go have fun and leave it all on the field.
7j I can’t wait to make my first trip (after several failed attempts) to Omaha. GBO

🍊👍😃👊😀🍊👍😃👊🍊🍊

Thanks for the notes! Must’ve been a ton a fun watching the baseVols punch their ticket, although surely some headaches from the weather/scheduling issues. No baseVol fan is more deserving of making the trip to Omaha than you are, @taylorvol , hope you have a blast!

Thanks for the notes! Must’ve been a ton a fun watching the baseVols punch their ticket, although surely some headaches from the weather/scheduling issues. No baseVol fan is more deserving of making the trip to Omaha than you are, @taylorvol , hope you have a blast!
Thank you @Volprofch05! Very kind of you. Lots of great BaseVol fans out there and I’ve had the pleasure to meet a few of them.👍 I can’t wait to go—-it’s been on my bucket list for awhile! It should be outstanding May make the trek to check out The Field of Dreams! 🍊👍👊😃😀🍊😀🍊

Honestly it’s something I never thought of and would love to see it. Pete Taylor park has a lot of charm because it’s unique, but certainly outdated in some areas. I have no clue if accurate, but a couple of our former players say many of the older parks don’t have visitors locker rooms. It’s really something I guess that wouldn’t show its problem until a super regional. I do know that the basketball arena was offered is very close and I guess in a pinch would work. Not ideal though. With all that said I highly doubt we are the first team to host a regional and not have a baseball visitor locker room. Even in recent years.

We have hosted regionals and a super before. Really never seen it addressed until this one. Supposedly we have some nice plans for facility upgrades and I would like to see that added if already not.
Tennessee does not have a visiting locker room and the teams are taken to use our football locker room at the practice field? and I am confident those are pretty nice. It was surprising to see the boys under metal bleachers for a weather/lighting delay. And yes, you are correct the coliseum was offered. The word on the street was the air was not on and food/drink could not be taken in or available, so decided to go back to hotel. Confirmation the womens bathroom was icky, small and no air. The space where chairs and tents can be brought in aound right field seems fun. The metal bleachers are brutal to sit on, but are good for pounding on for noise ⚾

I was watching the highlights from Game 2 and realized USM scored all their runs in the 3rd inning. This means TN pitching held them scoreless for the last 15 innings of the series…..wow. That’s “winning baseball”. Can’t lose if the other team can’t score!
Wow. So this year they didn't score at home the last 15 innings of the series. Last year at home they didn't score at all in the entire series. Ouch

I know they are not major sports but Men’s and Women’s tennis went to the sweet 16 as well
Vandy is hanging there sports success on Bowling NCs so Tennessee Sweet 16s in Tennis count. As well as National Semis in 21 & 22

Last edited:
Reactions: volman128
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back