The Official Tennessee vs S.Miss Super Regional Game 3 Thread 10:06 PM EST ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some fun sports there, too. We had our own neighborhood ping pong tournaments growing up.

Yep, we have a table in the basement along with our projector where we watch games. Vigorous matches with the kiddos can go a long way toward diffusing anxiety during stressful baseVol games.

Hate to see it.....right? :)

View attachment 556720
I had an issue with the announcers shoving it down our throats all weekend over and over and over. I have nothing against their coach. Seems like a good dude. Vitello was very complimentary of him during the post game. Said he's a great coach and even better person.

Said he hopes this game was all the recruiting he needed to do.

That 8am flight must have been rough. It took me several hours after the game was over to settle down. I'd be surprised if TV slept much at all. Like he said, though, hopefully that win does the recruiting.

Also, what the players said about what it's like to play for him. That's a great recruiting bit as well.

That 8am flight must have been rough. It took me several hours after the game was over to settle down. I'd be surprised if TV slept much at all. Like he said, though, hopefully that win does the recruiting.

Also, what the players said about what it's like to play for him. That's a great recruiting bit as well.
I stayed up, and got to work at 6:15am. Just have to suck it up and go.

Tony is a very driven individual. I’m sure he was already thinking about the game plan for LSU after that interview. Winning the World Series would put our program in a different stratosphere. We already have some great classes coming in and that would only make it better.

Something just hit me. Anyone on VolNation able to do something with the MC Hammer song “Can’t Touch This” along with video of Chase Burns 100-102 mph pitches? Maybe a dumb idea, but if anyone sees merit in it, then that might be cool.

@mad4vols I think likes to play around making stuff like that.

I had an issue with the announcers shoving it down our throats all weekend over and over and over. I have nothing against their coach. Seems like a good dude. Vitello was very complimentary of him during the post game. Said he's a great coach and even better person.

While I was also annoyed with the announcers, we knew it was going to be a big storyline headed into the Super Regional regardless of location. Coach Berry does seem like a good guy and he's well respected by his fellow coaches. In addition to Coach V's post-game comments, I also liked our team tipping their caps to Coach Berry in left field after the game. A great gesture of respect.

Long night. Didn’t get home until like 1:00. Congrats to UT, and a well earned series win. Timely hitting and pitching was the difference and you guys just did it better. Sometimes it’s just that simple and glad neither team had a Texas type moment like they did last night. That was a brutal.

Much appreciative to UT baseball team for taking a moment to tip their hats to Coach Berry during their victory celebration. Classy move.

As for the USM chants at the end…. That wasn’t to take away from the Vols victory, but more of a moment to let our players and Berry know we were proud of their season and was a rally cry of support to those guys. At least it felt that way to me while I was there.

Anyway, best of luck in the CWS. You guys can make a run and should be fun to watch. I hope fans and players have a safe and excellent trip.

Puerto Ricans can play.

My wife is Peruvian, they just play soccer. And badly at that. She told me she'd be upset if we had a son that plays baseball :eek:

Of course, I'll be doing all I can to encourage our son (if we are blessed with one) to take up the gear and play behind the plate.

Teach him to be a left handed pitcher. They are and always will be in great demand.

Reactions: ButchPlz
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back