The Official Tennessee vs S.Miss Super Regional Game 3 Thread 10:06 PM EST ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely. This game is going to be played tomorrow morning when it could have been played this morning. Every advantage has basically gone USM’s way this weekend, yet we’re still going to kick their ass and send their coach packing. This team has fought through a lot of adversity, just one more hurdle to get through.
Is there still no concrete answer as to whether the game MUST be played tonight or not?

Then this is on the ncaa and espn.

No disrespect meant here, but what ratings bonanza were they expecting for this that it had to be played at a certain time as opposed to when they could get the game in.

I know they show wnba games, so this probably the Super Bowl compared to that, but it’s inexcusable
My guess is that the Clemson VOLS game was the highest rated baseball game in years for ESPN, so they thought they could probably get Texas and VOLS ratings plus the NBA finals.. I understand but if they had checked the weather they should have known.

Not sure if you follow the thread, but we've been discussing that for a couple of days. Still, it's hard for me to imagine a scenario where any of this turns out to actually benefit us.
I’ve only been checking in every so often. So I’m not sure what has been discussed. But in reality, I can’t imagine a scenario where Tennessee is allowed to advance without playing game 3. I was just posting that because I found it interesting.

I fully expect a straight up raw dogging from the committee that has a father of one of USM‘s players on it.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I know the honorable thing here is to say that I want Tennessee to play and win game 3 fair and square. But what I really want is Tennessee to advance without playing game 3 due to the non-consensual fornicating we’ve received this post season. I just want to see the disappointment in the eyes of Fattiesburg.

Everyone kills me with the higher RPI bit. We had the better RPI which means a lower RPI.

The team with the better RPI would advance. I laugh at the USM post about the host advancing, because the host would normally advance. Normally the host seeds are 1-16 and they have a rank so you can tell. Normally you think the 2 seed with the better RPI would be the host (hello NCAA), so as a short hand rule, the host would normally advance with this odd tie breaker. This situation is far from normal.

We did have the worlds ugliest statue (well next to the Saban one in Tuscaloosa) of Nathan Bedford Forest coming into Nashville from the South on I-65 😬
View attachment 556404

Yea, I was just responding to the naming of counties, which obviously are bigger than parks or schools. Pretty sure that statue though was on private property and put up by the landowner.

I used to deliver a lot of freight into Mississippi. And the worst part of the summer were these showers that would go through and then it would get extremely muggy afterwards. And there was always a stink in the air. Not sure if there was a papermill somewhere close by. But dang it stank down there.

Then you remember Dean Hill Golfcourse and pool. Spent many summers there.
I do, and spent several summers there too. Folks that move here never believe that area was a golf course. The water was so dadgum cold, but the burgers at the concessions stand couldn't be beat. Astroturf on the pool deck and pinball way in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back