The Official Tennessee vs S.Miss Super Regional Game 3 Thread 10:06 PM EST ESPNU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then this is on the ncaa and espn.

No disrespect meant here, but what ratings bonanza were they expecting for this that it had to be played at a certain time as opposed to when they could get the game in.

I know they show wnba games, so this probably the Super Bowl compared to that, but it’s inexcusable

Yea, a college baseball game isn’t going to break ratings records, especially during an NBA finals game AND especially when the weather delays it.

So I’m a bit confused. It the rule states the game must end by midnight then they can’t play tomorrow?? Am I misreading the rule?

My concern is calling the game if the Vols are down after 5-6 innings. Maybe I have BVS.

Reactions: counterdevotee
I used to deliver a lot of freight into Mississippi. And the worst part of the summer were these showers that would go through and then it would get extremely muggy afterwards. And there was always a stink in the air. Not sure if there was a papermill somewhere close by. But dang it stank down there.
Nah, it's just the normal stank

So I’m a bit confused. It the rule states the game must end by midnight then they can’t play tomorrow?? Am I misreading the rule?

My concern is calling the game if the Vols are down after 5-6 innings. Maybe I have BVS.
I’ve read so many things so different ways but the way it was explained to me we have thru Tuesday but that could be wrong as well. Now if we start playing and are down after 5 inning you bet your ass USM will
Do all they can to get the game called if weather is in the region. Like lightning in gulf shores….gotta call this

What was the weather there this afternoon? Did it rain or was it clear enough to play? I mean, how tough can it be to check the hourly forecast and
schedule accordingly---unless it's been raining all day. Frustrating.

I used to deliver a lot of freight into Mississippi. And the worst part of the summer were these showers that would go through and then it would get extremely muggy afterwards. And there was always a stink in the air. Not sure if there was a papermill somewhere close by. But dang it stank down there.
Lots of paper mills…

Reactions: ArdentVol
F7B26552-3E0A-4A60-8A4C-FF2E4947C2F8.jpeg

Lol at bullet 2.

Also, it says that games can extend to Tuesday, but our scenario isn’t presented (I.e. game 3 is cancelled). I wonder if we won’t be allowed to extend to Tuesday since we started on Saturday?

I think all of this is moot and the game will be played tonight, but if it were any other team but the Vols, I would be rooting for chaos.

Don’t omit the infestation of disease-spreading mosquitoes (the state bird of Mississippi) that thrive in these parts!

What was the weather there this afternoon? Did it rain or was it clear enough to play? I mean, how tough can it be to check the hourly forecast and
schedule accordingly---unless it's been raining all day. Frustrating.

It's all about the money. People are working during the day on a Monday, and ESPN wants better ratings at night for the same reason.

All I can say is that if this goes the way I suspect it will, I will be world's biggest LSU fan for one series.

This is absolutely, completely, utterly ridiculous. Lousy weather, pitiful $%^thole of a stadium w/o a visitor locker room, multiple opportunities to schedule this game outside the weather issues, etc. All while our stadium has a visiting locker room, equal seating, better weather....AND WE HAD A HIGHER RPI AFTER THE REGIONAL!!!

/end rant

I'm glad someone else is hopping mad about this ridiculous situation. How could the selection committee send us (or anyone else) to a facility so bad that it doesn't have a visitor's locker room? And then when you throw in all the other stuf, as you did, Tennessee should take the NCAA to court as a fraudulent oversight organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back