The Official Tennessee vs Texas A&M Round 1 SEC Tourney Game Thread (Tues. 1:45PM EST SEC NETWORK)

Man I just don’t get into softball. Guess I’m just a sexist but the game isn’t for me. Wish them
Luck though
Softball is solid to me. I guess because the game is different enough I don't compare it to the men.
Basketball is the one I can't watch. Even the good teams are an awful product.

Reactions: bigdaddy
While it possibly matters for hosting, it doesn’t change how you prepare for next week. It’s not really a crutch- just that this tournament doesn’t help predict what can happen moving forward.
It’s a tough call for me. I like winning so I want them to win and I’m pissed right now watching this but in the big picture from a roster management standpoint going home today is the best thing that can happen. Get your mulligan out of the way and hopefully get going again when it matters. On the flip side, this week has an undeniable impact on our hosting prospects. The question that begs asking is what gives us the best chance going forward in regionals; a fully rested, healthy and mentally reset team on the road or a potentially worn down, bound for a “bad game” (hard to string together 14-15 good games in a row (Hoover->CWS)) team at home?

Reactions: VolGee4
Walking downstairs to find the cheapest beer in the frig.
If Tony & Frank can set the starting tone with the assumption we already won, I can end it with the assumption we already lost. I'll say they won't start a reliever in the NCAA's. (even though Halv did ok) It was almost like the rest of the team didn't take today seriously from the very start.

Hoping for a major comeback so I can follow up with a high class brewski. It ain't over till it's over.

It’s a tough call for me. I like winning so I want them to win and I’m pissed right now watching this but in the big picture from a roster management standpoint going home today is the best thing that can happen. Get your mulligan out of the way and hopefully get going again when it matters. On the flip side, this week has an undeniable impact on our hosting prospects. The question that begs asking is what gives us the best chance going forward in regionals; a fully rested, healthy and mentally reset team on the road or a potentially worn down, bound for a “bad game” (hard to string together 14-15 good games in a row (Hoover->CWS)) team at home?

Oh, please don’t take what I said as suggesting that I don’t want to win. I may criticize the negative nancies, but I’m highly competitive. But if we do lose, it’s not predictive of what happens in the future. OM and MSU have proven that. Also, I’m not really sure how much they consider these conference tournaments anymore in both baseball and basketball. It’s about money, and the committees don’t seem to consider them much.

Lineup won’t consistently improve until Maui is out of the leadoff spot for good. If that hurts his feelings or ego, too bad. Jaslove would love to play.

Reactions: Tnphil
Yes maybe rest and some good ass chewings lol but seriously as far as getting right for roster management, this could be ok too. REST and then travel if we have to.

Elander, and honestly he may be on the hot seat. Zero excuse for undisciplined hitting and failure to change your approach at this level.
I believe it’s Elander.
I mean, given our batting struggles this year, does TV consider looking for a better option? I don't think he will, but I we need to do something about our hitting. It's too streaky.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Elander, and honestly he may be on the hot seat. Zero excuse for undisciplined hitting and failure to change your approach at this level.

This is the first I’ve heard of any hot seat talk, can’t imagine that’s true, more convo on him moving on due to a promotion. One year doesn’t cancel past years.

I mean each player on the team has a pretty obvious weakness hitting and I haven’t seen a single one actually improve and learn how to hit that pitch.
Ahuna- outside and high fastball or outside & low off speed
Moore- outside slider
Burke- inside offspeed
Scott-outside and high heat
Ensley- outside slider
Stark- outside anything
Denton- outside breaking ball
Dickey and Merritt are tougher but the list above kills us

This is the first I’ve heard of any hot seat talk, can’t imagine that’s true, more convo on him moving on due to a promotion. One year doesn’t cancel past years.
May be right, I just don’t know what he has done for us from a hitting perspective or from helping with being a 3rd base coach who costs us 2 outs a series lol

The team has struggled in nearly every game with questionable weather.
They let bad ball/strike calls get in their head.

CTV needs to bring in some stoic philosophy professor come in and conduct a seminar.

Yeah we don’t seem to respond to in-game adversity all that well. We folded in CoMo during miserably bad weather and looked disinterested in being there and today we look just as frustrated at the plate and like we’re pressing. Hey, I can’t say I blame them. I hate bad weather too and I’m sure playing in this weather isn’t fun, but you can’t let it affect your play.

VN Store

Back