The Official Tennessee vs Texas A&M Round 1 SEC Tourney Game Thread (Tues. 1:45PM EST SEC NETWORK)

Yeah we don’t seem to respond to in-game adversity all that well. We folded in CoMo during miserably bad weather and looked disinterested in being there and today we look just as frustrated at the plate and like we’re pressing. Hey, I can’t say I blame them. I hate bad weather too and I’m sure playing in this weather isn’t fun, but you can’t let it affect your play.
We’ve had plenty of experience with our turf. Seems we would be better at it.

Oh, please don’t take what I said as suggesting that I don’t want to win. I may criticize the negative nancies, but I’m highly competitive. But if we do lose, it’s not predictive of what happens in the future. OM and MSU have proven that. Also, I’m not really sure how much they consider these conference tournaments anymore in both baseball and basketball. It’s about money, and the committees don’t seem to consider them much.
No not saying you “want” to lose lol. Like Luc said this week on VQ; either lose Tuesday and move on or if you win Tuesday, go win the whole damn thing.

Now that we have one under our belt I’m “ok” with getting in and getting out; the day after my BP comes down and the anger of losing subsides. This tournament is just so mentally and physically taxing on teams that I don’t think it does you many favors moving forward.

Reactions: ETNVolunteer1
Serious question, do you bench Burke? We benched Merritt and it worked for him. Just don’t know if we can afford too at this point in the year

Reactions: hooperj75
We’ve had plenty of experience with our turf. Seems we would be better at it.

I understand folks are frustrated, looking for answers, a quick fix. As far as just today goes, not a lot of our players have experienced playing at Hoover or post season play. A couple of pitchers have I guess, but no one is complaining about the pitching. JMO.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and txbo
Maui should play at the 8 or 9 spot. He is pretty solid with the glove. But a leadoff he is not. Not sure what can do with Burke right now. He actually got a hit from the leadoff position in the SC series. I actually like C. Scott, Ensley ,Denton, Dickey, Burke, Moore, Tears, Ahuna and Charlie/ or C

Reactions: volfannga
Serious question, do you bench Burke? We benched Merritt and it worked for him. Just don’t know if we can afford too at this point in the year

Why bench him? Who plays first base? Tears is a possibility, but is another left handed bat. We need a rightie to combat these lefties. We need Burke to come around. Same with Ahuna. We are riding those horses, win or lose.

Maui should play at the 8 or 9 spot. He is pretty solid with the glove. But a leadoff he is not. Not sure what can do with Burke right now. He actually got a hit from the leadoff position in the SC series. I actually like C. Scott, Ensley ,Denton, Dickey, Burke, Moore, Tears, Ahuna and Charlie/ or C

We don't have a get-on-base guy, unless it's Dickey. But his bat at #1 sees fewer base runners to drive in.

VN Store

Back