The Official Tennessee vs Texas A&M Round 1 SEC Tourney Game Thread (Tues. 1:45PM EST SEC NETWORK)

By the way,

The university has announced three new residence halls. This includes the rumored one past right field wall. All three dorms are public/private partnerships that will allow the facilities to built faster, cheaper and likely with more amenties.

The facility at LNS will include new indoor practice facility.

So I assume the the current facility will likely be razed or significantly changed during planned renovations.

The third residential community will be adjacent to Lindsey Nelson Stadium and is expected to open for the fall 2026 semester. It will include approximately 750 new apartment-style beds, featuring two- and four-bedroom furnished apartments. It’s expected to cost roughly $129 million. The site will also feature an indoor practice facility that will complement other renovations and enhancements at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

UT Announces Public-Private Partnership for New Residence Halls, Master Lease

https://www.wate.com/news/education-schools/university-of-tennessee-plans-new-resident-halls/

Stadium-site-2.jpg

An artist rendering shows the future residential community that will be built adjacent to Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
We hit fast balls very well. We can not hit off speed stuff, maybe because we have mostly fast ball pitchers on our staff. I guess we don’t get enough off speed stuff to read the quickly read the pitch. A pitcher who can throw the heat, but also throws the breaking balls for strikes can give us a lot of problems.
The guy we are facing today hasnt exactly lit up anyone else. Same can be said for a lot of the guys we have faced and looked bad. Baseball will never be perfect but you can look like you have a pulse

While I agree it still can happen. I’ll still watch us play until we ain’t. Then it’s pool time. Except for golf summer is time to take off from sports. Not an MLB guy
So, you are not really a baseball fan at all, except for UT baseball. Me, I watch a Major League game almost every day, but I love it and I'm also a degenerate MLB gambler

I wonder if UT will go ahead and get the left field side stuff done before all the RF stuff is done? No way that will be done in one off season.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
What is that new huge building in the right field foul area? Looks like a few frat houses are going to be demolished.

that's the new dorm.

I suspect in near future, that UT will do for the fraternities (those that don't get kicked off campus anyway) what they did for sororities. Find a large parcel somewhere and build new houses. then they can do stuff in the current frat area like indoor track facility, Perhaps they can use half the current fraternity footprint and build the multistory houses that would take less space.

VN Store

Back