The Official Tennessee vs Texas A&M Round 1 SEC Tourney Game Thread (Tues. 1:45PM EST SEC NETWORK)

Why does the roster say he is from Johnson City? Television broadcasts too. That would qualify him for in state tuition wouldn’t it?
That is where he grew up but not where he graduated from HS. It goes to where you graduated from high school unless you become independent of your parents which means he would have to have his own health insurance and provide his own income.

That is where he grew up but not where he graduated from HS. It goes to where you graduated from high school unless you become independent of your parents which means he would have to have his own health insurance and provide his own income.

So he is from SC. Why not go to an in state school to save money? If UT was his dream school, I get that. But judging from prior posts I wouldn't think that to be the case. There are plenty of good D1 programs in the state of South Carolina including two Power 5 schools with traditionally better baseball programs than UT. He could play and pay in state tuition. Why go out of state?

I'd like to address this publically for a little bit:

I believe, you know a player on the team really, really well. I know a player fairly well. This is what I'd like you to comment on so that other poster might learn something from you.

I think that many fans think "players are on scholarship". Most are, but for all but a few and perhaps none, they aren't on full scholarship. So..... most players are there because they want to be, not because it's the only way they will get a degree. Baseball isn't their job, but they DO spend a LOT of their free time on baseball. Things like Summer league, Fall ball, winter workouts etc.

I mention this in an attempt to inform people who might be characterized as overly critical about the players to ease up on the team because: While baseball is a huge part of their life, they realize that the odds of them having any type of career in baseball are remote odds and that it's not like they're getting a big scholarship or someday going to make a lot of money or have a career IN baseball.

Would you agree with that or disagree with the assessment of what most people associated with the team believe about their present circumstances and future opportunities?

While all these points are very valid, it must also be said that these student athletes have access to programs, facilities and amenities that regular, tuition paying students do not have. While being a student athlete is very challenging, it is also very rewarding.

Reactions: greasemachine
So he is from SC. Why not go to an in state school to save money? If UT was his dream school, I get that. But judging from prior posts I wouldn't think that to be the case. There are plenty of good D1 programs in the state of South Carolina including two Power 5 schools with traditionally better baseball programs than UT. He could play and pay in state tuition. Why go out of state?

Because he wants to be a winner with CTV. There is a new sheriff in town.

Plus, who wants to join a cult that worships chickens? He is Baptist.

While all these points are very valid, it must also be said that these student athletes have access to programs, facilities and amenities that regular, tuition paying students do not have. While being a student athlete is very challenging, it is also very rewarding.
Most of that access is limited to larger D1 programs and to varying degrees, at that. Depending who you ask, UT’s facilities and amenities are either wonderful or inadequate.

Most of that access is limited to larger D1 programs and to varying degrees, at that. Depending who you ask, UT’s facilities and amenities are either wonderful or inadequate.

Our main asset in baseball is CTV and staff.

Hope they are using our break time to do two things:

1. Let Vollie and reminder of lefties throw to our lefties....Blake, Maui, Christian S, Dreiling, KT, Jared, and whomever I'm forgetting.

2. Take a trip over to the Lady Vols field and let them show us how to freakin' bunt. It is past embarrassing.

Bonus time: Probably need more work on fielding bunts. The other teams will be a bunting.

In 21 days, I have a hotel reservation in Omaha. Would prefer to see some other Vols gear around the town. Let's roll!

Don't let anyone give you grief about "spicket" (the most commonly attested American pronunciation of "spigot." As you might "reckon," many of these "Southern" terms are found in Shakespeare, who (in this case) uses "spigot" and "faucet" interchangeably. You will also hear many of them in England.

O base Hungarian wight! Wilt thou the spigot wield?
That is, "Open the tap on that wine, bruh!"

...cause between an orange-wife and a faucet-seller, and...
That is, "a dispute between a female retailer of oranges and a wine tap merchant"

Last edited:
Reactions: knoxvol52

VN Store

Back