The Official Tennessee vs Texas A&M Round 1 SEC Tourney Game Thread (Tues. 1:45PM EST SEC NETWORK)

Graduated and/or moved on.....
The Florida first base coach (who has since moved on) engaged them and they both had fun. It actually turned the legends down a few notches, which was a win for the first base coach. They guys were unrelenting on the Vandy first base coach and Tre Morgan, particularly after Mogan committed an error.

Maybe not some coaches cuddle players and some don't both approaches seem to work as long as players know this going in. Pat Summitt would rip a. New but cuddled to it's called "tough love" don't see it much anymore young kids to sensitive these days
Especially Basketball players

Can confirm; I played basketball in high school. :rolleyes:

Can confirm; I played basketball in high school. :rolleyes:
Maybe I'm just built different I played football you know football players are wired 220 crazy as some say. But coaches know who they can and can't tear into on the team every player is different some thrive from getting chewed out and some sulk just got to know the person.

The guy V was referring to was sitting right behind our dugout. Said it to V and Elander right after the game. V told him if he could not support our players then take off the UT shirt. What I’ve been saying all year. If you can’t support the players then …..

I'd like to address this publically for a little bit:

I believe, you know a player on the team really, really well. I know a player fairly well. This is what I'd like you to comment on so that other poster might learn something from you.

I think that many fans think "players are on scholarship". Most are, but for all but a few and perhaps none, they aren't on full scholarship. So..... most players are there because they want to be, not because it's the only way they will get a degree. Baseball isn't their job, but they DO spend a LOT of their free time on baseball. Things like Summer league, Fall ball, winter workouts etc.

I mention this in an attempt to inform people who might be characterized as overly critical about the players to ease up on the team because: While baseball is a huge part of their life, they realize that the odds of them having any type of career in baseball are remote odds and that it's not like they're getting a big scholarship or someday going to make a lot of money or have a career IN baseball.

Would you agree with that or disagree with the assessment of what most people associated with the team believe about their present circumstances and future opportunities?

Last edited:
I have said here multiple times and not to have sympathy but normally when somebody alludes that for what they get. I will only talk about my son but I would say all except for a few transfers fit into this category. My son owes right st $60,000 for his bachelor’s degree to wear the orange T. Being out of state, he is not eligible for hardly any scholarships. Even though I still own a home in Tennessee. He will return for another year and I’m guessing that will cost him another $12-$15,000 after any scholarship he gets. But what a journey so far. I think most parents get frustrated when people start talking about them playing for money or getting paid to play. The bad part of NIL is that very rarely does a current player get any significant NIL money. These guys are there because they love UT.

I have said here multiple times and not to have sympathy but normally when somebody alludes that for what they get. I will only talk about my son but I would say all except for a few transfers fit into this category. My son owes right st $60,000 for his bachelor’s degree to wear the orange T. Being out of state, he is not eligible for hardly any scholarships. Even though I still own a home in Tennessee. He will return for another year and I’m guessing that will cost him another $12-$15,000 after any scholarship he gets. But what a journey so far. I think most parents get frustrated when people start talking about them playing for money or getting paid to play. The bad part of NIL is that very rarely does a current player get any significant NIL money. These guys are there because they love UT.
And we love those guys!

Maybe I'm just built different I played football you know football players are wired 220 crazy as some say. But coaches know who they can and can't tear into on the team every player is different some thrive from getting chewed out and some sulk just got to know the person.

My HS team was a steroid infested team and I'd definitely describe them as crazy and obsessed with football to the point that our O-line weighed a combined weight of 1100 - 1200 lbs. which rivals professional teams and surpasses many college teams. Some of those guys were in great shape and quick; and some of those guys were just huge blobs, but either way, good luck getting to our QB up the middle.

Imagine Summer tryouts and preseason practices during August in Georgia: Players threw up, passed out, got IVs etc - just trying to make the team and then stay on the team. I think my parents did me a favor by not allowing me to even try out.

Aub 2
Vandy 2

Thank you for your well thought out and informative reply.

If there were a place on the VOLs Baseball Forum to keep this as a Top Post, I'd suggest to the admin(s) to put it there.

VN Store

Back