The Official Tennessee vs. W. Kentucky Game Thread, 12:21pm ET(09/07/13), SEC Network

I'm on this.

Let's get the Peterman misadventure on and over with. I'd had hoped that we could play our two crappy returning QBs until S. AL where we could insert a frosh but Worley, as predicted, won't make it past Game 3.

Gatorade POY my ass.

Negavol

If throwing behind receivers and not keeping the ball on the QB option are signs of nervousness from Worley playing against WKU & APSU, there's gonna be trouble next week in Oregon.

We have been outgained by WKU 4 to 1. Our offense, even with all those big uglies, can't generate a push. Our QB is about as accurate as I was in junior high. Our defense still makes horrid mental mistakes. Just bad all around. If not for the turnovers, we'd be behind by 30.

I was better in junior high.

Those calling for Peterman sound like those who were so astute (in their minds) as to call for Stewart over Manning.
The coaches know a little more than armchair fans.

And that, my friend, is what scares me about this season. At this point., Worley is our best option😳😳😳

That was an ugly 2nd quarter. The offense needs to return to the run game, and focus on short crossing routes. The deep ball isn't there for this WR corps. Calling those deep passes is essentially a wasted down at this point. I don't know why we are doing it.

Oh well. At least Florida is losing.

Worley can't hit the receivers!!!

You have to admit. With a strong armed QB like Bray two of those passes to North would have been TDs. Worley seems to do Ok at managing the game but just a weak arm. I'd like to see Dobbs or Ferguson get a series.

Me too. At least the D might think the qb would actually keep the ball and run. At some point worleys needs to to keep the D honest.

Ah yes, overlook everything else. We have like 81 total yards genius. Against WKU!!

Because we've had a short field from the turnovers. Have you noticed no true read options and the same plays being ran. Jones know's what hes doing.

Reactions: 1 person
Relax guys. This WKU squad is a pretty good team and could finish around 11-1, 10-2 this season.

I'm not that concerned by Western moving the ball on O. But, our offense has looked sub-par when not working with a short field.

If we hold on and survive, this game will be one that helps us a lot going forward.

Best to work the kinks out now.

lol

Still time to play a solid second half. I figured this season would begin this way with fits and starts. So let's all have a fit and hope that the coaches can get some starts!

WKU will get a lot of yards in every game this year. They have 2 great backs.

We have a WKU type QB and a couple of WKU type RBs.

The offense was flat in the first half. Maybe Butch is a better motivational speaker than Dooley and we come out much stronger in the second. I'm not ready to give up on Worley yet.

we are ahead by 14 and we've got 6 turnovers . wk was going to score.they just caught our def on the field for a very long time.quit being so dang negative!

our offense has not been on the field enough to get into rhythm.everything is fine.

Make it to a bowl game. For the first time ever I feel like we don't even have the team to compete with other SEC teams. I've never seen such a poor effort. If it wasn't for the turnovers, we'd be behind by 30. Worley is just awful. But when he does throw a decent pass, someone like Croom drops it. Just shaking my head and reaching for another drink....

There's a reason Croom is a special teamer. Relax chicken little

If throwing behind receivers and not keeping the ball on the QB option are signs of nervousness from Worley playing against WKU & APSU, there's gonna be trouble next week in Oregon.

I think he is probably being coached to not keep the ball at the moment. No reason to have the QB run the ball, yet.

VN Store

Back