The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 22 7:30 EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pitching staff is set up about as good as it can be for the Finals.

Rest days by Saturday:

Stamos: 7 days rest
Causey: 7 days rest
Combs: 7 days rest
Behnke: 7 days rest
Beam: 5 days rest

Connell: 3 appearances in 6 days, 58 pitches

Snead: 3 appearances in 6 days, 93 pitches

The only guy that is 100% not available on Saturday is Sechrist but we wouldā€™ve never saw him anyways. Snead threw quite a few pitches in a 6-day span but if heā€™s needed for an inning or two on Saturday Iā€™m sure he would be available. Everybody else is good to go. Iā€™m sure weā€™ll see the same strategy of Stamos and Causey and hopefully pull out a win with Beam going in Game 2 on 6 days rest to lock up a Natty.
And Stamos/Causey didn't really pitch that much -- it wasn't them as much as errors and nerves. Hopefully much better this time. Our team has looked great defensively since the first game.

Congratulations to all of you dedicated, diehard and supportive Tennessee baseball fans. Us ā€œreadersā€ know who you are. Your passion and love for the team comes out in your posts. I have really enjoyed reading you as this has unfolded all year. Win or lose I hope the final series leaves you content. Iā€™m looking forward to following along through you all.

And this Aggie hopes you will!

The Vols are great, and the fans I've met at football games have been fantastic. I've no idea who will win this last game, but I hope both teams get out there and play a wonderful game.
Welcome to the board and congrats on making the final.

Would you be able to provide A&Mā€™s projected starting pitchers for the 3 games? Who are the main bullpen guys?

And this Aggie hopes you will!

The Vols are great, and the fans I've met at football games have been fantastic. I've no idea who will win this last game, but I hope both teams get out there and play a wonderful game.
Yeah, welcome to the board, but watch that cat named NighthawkVol. Dudes a lawyer and you know what those guys are like. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
How many times do you have to beat teams in order to be called NC? Should already be decided since we took out A&M just a couple weeks ago in SEC title? Just seems weird to have a do over!

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Just spent more money than I should have, but I have seats 10 rows up behind the home dugout for Game 1 and club seats for Game 2. Not buying Game 3, because I believe we're wrapping this thing up in two!
My Father sprung for our seats. I am the luckiest son ever!! We are six rows up home side beside the plate on Saturday and we are front row right behind the plate on Sunday!!!

The Aggies are a great team. They do everything well. It will take a great performance in all areas for the Vols to be successful. We need to treat each bat as our last and treat each pitch and/or defensive play as our last. The Vols can bring it home but it will not be a cakewalk. Go Vols bring home that Natty!!!

And as posters on this siteā€¦..donā€™t say itā€™s over until itā€™s over. Letā€™s use some common sense and letā€™s hope we can use this kind of fodder in the 9th inning or after 2 great wins. As I have said before, until we get 27 outs it isnā€™t over. Go Vols lets beat those Aggies like they just said sh_t to our mothers or sisters.

Hoping stamos can have a similar performance to the SEC tournament game against A&M
3 innings 1 ER.

Obviously, I think our pitching pretty set in stone for Saturday. Does anyone have any guesses To Who A&M will start? Theyā€™ve only started two pictures during the college World Series. Prager (their Ace) will be coming off 90+ pitches on three days rest and Lampkins Just threw 70 last night and 40 something this past Saturday.
My Guess is neither one of those guys are gonna go so I have no idea whoā€™s going to start game one for them. Sdao wouldā€™ve probably be the guy but heā€™s injured for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back