The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 22 7:30 EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both teams are red hot right now and practically steam-rolled their opponents in Omaha. Gonna be a wild series.
The last team to run through the entire tournament until the finals without a loss was Vandy in 2015, but they lost in the finals to Virginia. Wouldn’t mind history repeating itself. (A&M is 8-0 in the tournament while we are 8-1.)

Welcome to the board and congrats on making the final.

Would you be able to provide A&M’s projected starting pitchers for the 3 games? Who are the main bullpen guys?
I've no idea--could be Aschenbeck or Stewart or Cortez to open and then Prager or Lamkin to close. No crystal ball here!

Win or lose, I'm excited for both teams. The Vols have waited a long time...and this is a first for the Aggies. I hope we all see great baseball Saturday night and even greater good sportsmanship.

Yer way late.
Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I’ve been fairly ambivalent about A&M the whole time they’ve been in the SEC, but man I want us to beat the hell out of them on 2 now, one visit to their message boards is enough. They are a Kool-aid drinking arrogant fanbase.

Reactions: Zues1 and HeadVol77
All the BS the announcers were spewing and we couldn’t get the distance of a monster home run?
TN Baseball X says that the Trackman never got a read on it. Trying to triangulate where it landed in the stands (roughly 420'), bleacher height (guessing 25'), and guessing the ball's trajectory (30 degrees); then that would mean it was about 470'. Any of those numbers could be off a little, but the first two are reasonably close, so safe to say it was >450'

Most likely tickets are going to be sold out after today for this first game of the 2024 CWS Championship series best of 3.

Vegas thinks we're going to dominate them!!! That money spread (-600 vs +450) is pretty disrespectful to the #3 team in the country!

I don’t expect Tennessee is going to dominate Texas AM. This could realistically be a competitive game decided by which team makes less mistakes with not a high amount of runs scored.

Anyone have ticket suggestions? Will the price go down at all? What is the process for getting standing room tickets?
Everything I’ve read says they usually go down, but with the amount of excitement both fan bases are showing it seems doubtful.

SRO I think you have to wait in line at the box office the day of game.

Hoping stamos can have a similar performance to the SEC tournament game against A&M
3 innings 1 ER.

Obviously, I think our pitching pretty set in stone for Saturday. Does anyone have any guesses To Who A&M will start? They’ve only started two pictures during the college World Series. Prager (their Ace) will be coming off 90+ pitches on three days rest and Lampkins Just threw 70 last night and 40 something this past Saturday.
My Guess is neither one of those guys are gonna go so I have no idea who’s going to start game one for them. Sdao would’ve probably be the guy but he’s injured for them
Prager would be on 4 days rest and I could see Schloss starting him still. The Sunday starter for them would be interesting considering that would be someone on 3 days rest. My guess is Sunday would be Cortes

Reactions: HeadVol77
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back