The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 22 7:30 EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever screenshot that was is not accurate. Both FD and DK has us as like -154 favorites in game 1. And FD has us at -184 to win it all

those are tight odds.

I've not seen any A&M games, but clearly they are pitching well. Pitching--starters and relievers--has been their strength in the championship series. They shut out the gators yesterday. I think both teams that came out of the losers' bracket seemed a little flat, but we'll obviously have to get to their pitchers and score some runs. If we can do what we did against FSU yesterday--get ahead--we'll be in good shape.

Number one what? Pitcher or hitter? Just how many guys will they be missing for our series?
Brandon Montgomery, a projected top 10 pick in the upcoming draft, is out with a lower leg injury. Shane Sdao, A&M's #2 starter is also out. Both were injured in the Super Regional against Oregon.

A&M fans are cocky over on TexAgs? If you want to see cocky, go over to SurlyHorns and get a perspective on what the SEC faces next year with the University of Texas.

Yeah, welcome to the board, but watch that cat named NighthawkVol. Dudes a lawyer and you know what those guys are like. Just sayin'.

I can make ONE PHONE CALL and have the WiFi at your rest home turned off. You'll be stuck playing Bingo for weeks until I decide you're allowed back online.

This lawyer has connections. So keep running that mouth and see what happens, Gramps.

Just spent more money than I should have, but I have seats 10 rows up behind the home dugout for Game 1 and club seats for Game 2. Not buying Game 3, because I believe we're wrapping this thing up in two!
Tony said we only packed 5 uniforms for Omaha and we aren’t washing a single one until we get back to Knoxville. So you know what that means 😎💪🍊

I believe a coin toss would determine home team if a game 3 is necessary.
Or are you saying the coin toss done been had by saying “already set”?
No Coin toss, the rules are that in the Final series that the Lower/higher (better seeded) seed is the home team. I know it is difficult trying to determine this but the rules for the regional and super regionals changed last year. The rules for the final series when they went to a series stayed the same as it has always been, IOW the lower seeded team 1 seed is always the home team for the 1st and 3rd games. NO Coin Flip involved. Based on seeding. Advantage to the lowest seed in the finals. Major problem with the this is that people Google this mess and get old and new mixed bagged. Then, when reading the rule book online it appears to be confusing because it goes into depth with the other scenarios and creates problems.

Last edited:
Whether or not FSU was better or not is irrelevant. Texas A&M is a better team with zero losses in the post season sans the SEC tournament. This will be a big challenge!
FSU is at home right now. Makes no difference if Texas A&M is better or not.

Should have changed Georgia and FSU Seeding. FSU to a 7 seed and GA to an 8th Seed. I am not sure how we got what we got but going 5-0 Against the ACC and Tennessee beating UNC and FSU proves the point. SEC > ACC.

It is all not relevant at this point, but I like the way it worked out. The committee in their alignment of Conferences made sure that the 2 seed's bracket would not see the best or top tier of the ACC. Probably figured that Tennessee would get the beaten by the ACC. Upper tier.

What's more, FSU was a 6th or 7th national seed team, not an 8th seed. Putting GA in as a 7th seed was a fix and when you look at the committee members on the board you will see why GA was a 7th seed nationally vs a 8th or 9th Seed nationally. My opinion possibly a 10 seed.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
TN Baseball X says that the Trackman never got a read on it. Trying to triangulate where it landed in the stands (roughly 420'), bleacher height (guessing 25'), and guessing the ball's trajectory (30 degrees); then that would mean it was about 470'. Any of those numbers could be off a little, but the first two are reasonably close, so safe to say it was >450'
One of the commentators said it was one of the longest HRs he had ever seen in that park. Too bad the tracker missed it.

Brandon Montgomery, a projected top 10 pick in the upcoming draft, is out with a lower leg injury. Shane Sdao, A&M's #2 starter is also out. Both were injured in the Super Regional against Oregon.

A&M fans are cocky over on TexAgs? If you want to see cocky, go over to SurlyHorns and get a perspective on what the SEC faces next year with the University of Texas.
Longhorn fans are indeed pretty insufferable.

First, the way they lionize their athletic director is a little weird. Danny White is great, and I love what he's doing for Tennessee, but I get the impression that some Texas fans would sacrifice their first born children if "CDC" asked them to do it.

Second, a very good portion of them seem to be convinced that the minute the CWS is over, Texas will sprinkle its fairy dust and either Schlossnagle or Vitello will materialize in Austin to resurrect their dinosaur of a program. The degree of certainty they're displaying is no doubt indicative of the unearned arrogance they bring to every sports discussion.

I hope every coach on their wish list takes a pass and they have to keep Pierce. They don't deserve success.

Braden

I can make ONE PHONE CALL and have the WiFi at your rest home turned off. You'll be stuck playing Bingo for weeks until I decide you're allowed back online.

This lawyer has connections. So keep running that mouth and see what happens, Gramps.
Alexander Shinara has entered the chat!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back