The Official Texas A&M @ #1 Tennessee National Championship Game 1 Thread (Sat. June 22 7:30 EST) (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels amazing because I wasn’t alive the other time in 1951 when a Tennessee baseball team reached the Championship Series.
That was the era when you had guys playing 2 or sometimes 3 sports. So if you have recruited some football players that were incredible Baseball players in High School you were set. The 1951 Vols programs had some amazing athletes from all I've read. Tennessee won National Champs in 1951 in one Poll but there were 5 NCs that year so many different Polls. I'm glad the sport has moved away from mythical NCs.

I like the fact that there will be ton of fans from both teams. No one can argue they were playing a hostile crowd.

A 50/50 split of 25,000 fans can't be considered neutral. It will feel like a home game for both teams. Lots of orange and "Rocky Top" on one side; and oodles of cultish and effiminate "yells" and traditions on the other.

Y'all who get to attend this weekend: be loud and rowdy! I just had to drive home because I'm flying to Italy tomorrow (poor vacation planning on my part a year and a half ago) but went to the first three games. At the second game, there were a couple of older UT fans in front of me who kept covering their ears when I yelled. At the third game, there was a man, apparently from Omaha with no team affiliation, who turned around and said, "You know they can't hear what you're saying, right?" As in, "be quiet." We were sitting with the BaseVol families, and I was by no means the loudest person there. Sorry, but people who don't want to hear fans cheering for their team should go to a movie theater instead of a baseball game. GBO! Let's bring it home!

Y'all who get to attend this weekend: be loud and rowdy! I just had to drive home because I'm flying to Italy tomorrow (poor vacation planning on my part a year and a half ago) but went to the first three games. At the second game, there were a couple of older UT fans in front of me who kept covering their ears when I yelled. At the third game, there was a man, apparently from Omaha with no team affiliation, who turned around and said, "You know they can't hear what you're saying, right?" As in, "be quiet." We were sitting with the BaseVol families, and I was by no means the loudest person there. Sorry, but people who don't want to hear fans cheering for their team should go to a movie theater instead of a baseball game. GBO! Let's bring it home!
Ear plugs should be readily available.

Well said. True VFL fans support this team win, lose, or tie! They have earned it! What a season and what a team!
No 1 ranking, Plus No 1 Seed = Success
Regular Season Champions *Co Champions = Success
SEC Tournament = Success
Regional and Super Regional Champs = Success
Bracket Winner = Success
CWS Finals = Gravy and Success
Win it all = Exclamation point and point proven to the doubters. Success ++++++++++++++

Other notables 178 HRs with a 10 run rule in effect. A Triple Crown winner from the Leadoff Spot is Amazing. 5 or 6 players with 20 or more HRs. Draft selections will say a lot Moore (no pun intended).

All done in a calm cool manner. Although I miss Burns, his departure seems to have made this team somewhat better because of the under the radar disruption it might have caused in the locker room.

Kirby was a hidden gem with the staff that was another compliment to the staff.

Team sport and played like a Team. Never heard the word "I" mentioned at all and if it was, it was used to compliment another teammate.

Any advice to the Team would be to just play "Your Game" nothing more, nothing less, and nothing else.

Last edited:
Would it be wrong to skip coaching my daughters 14u softball team Saturday for the game?

Yes! Record it. Perspective my man.

Yes because you are the Coach of a Softball team so it would be irresponsible to skip it to watch the entire 2024 CWS Aggies Volunteers National Championship game 1.
Somedays you have to make the sacrifice.

These comments are right. You have to be at the softball game. You committed to coaching, what does it teach your daughter if you fail to live up to your commitments?

Now, if, as coach, you happen to get thrown out of the game in the 2d inning while arguing calls and you have to retreat to the parking lot where you can live stream the CWS? Well, sometimes as a coach you have to stand up for your players and take a toss for the team, you know?

Do what is right. :cool:

Feeling a deep sense of gratitude this morning to our BaseVols. The sacrifices, hard work, and commitment to Tennessee is very much appreciated. Also feeling humbled by the fact that I get to be a fan of this team.

We’re proud of those young men who have given their all for Tennessee. Go Vols!

The high bar commitment has shown fruits of their labor since they’ve had a very fruitful season resulting in them getting into the Championship Round for the first time since 1951.

Reactions: cardvolfan
And Texas fans really think they’re getting whoever loses the national title lol
If they were going to fire Pierce they’d surely have announced it by now. I think they’ll give him one chance to turn it around in the SEC. They’re delusional if they think they’re getting Tony or Schloss after they both made it to the natty where they are.

No Coin toss, the rules are that in the Final series that the Lower/higher (better seeded) seed is the home team. I know it is difficult trying to determine this but the rules for the regional and super regionals changed last year. The rules for the final series when they went to a series stayed the same as it has always been, IOW the lower seeded team 1 seed is always the home team for the 1st and 3rd games. NO Coin Flip involved. Based on seeding. Advantage to the lowest seed in the finals. Major problem with the this is that people Google this mess and get old and new mixed bagged. Then, when reading the rule book online it appears to be confusing because it goes into depth with the other scenarios and creates problems.
Truth... very confusing when you read thru the equally seeded sections

The Division I Baseball Committee has determined that for the MCWS Finals (championship series), the better seeded team will be the home team in MCWS Finals Games 1 and 3 (if necessary). The lesser seeded team will be the home team in MCWS Finals Game 2.

If both teams advancing to the MCWS Finals are equally seeded (e.g., both were number two regional seeds), then a coin flip will determine the home team for MCWS Finals Game 1, with the loser of the coin flip being the home team in MCWS Finals Game 2. An additional coin flip will take place to determine the home team for MCWS Finals Game 3 (if necessary).

Please note that for any required coin flip, the higher seeded team can determine whether it will call the coin flip, or defer the call to its opponent. In the event of a match-up between equally seeded teams, one team will be designated as “heads”, the other team will be designated as “tails” and the coin will be flipped by the NCAA representative. Heads and tails designation will be determined by alphabetical order of the name of the institution (i.e., first alphabetically being heads, second alphabetically being tails)

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back