The Official Zone Severe Weather Thread

Why ANF’s Ella Dorsey? Her family moved to Georgia when she was ~13. She wound up attending UGA. Her first job as a meteorologist was at a Knoxville TV station. During her years there, she was very active on sports message boards, a rabid Dawgs fan. She left Knoxville for a job in Atlanta. She’s been the principal meteorologist for ANF morning news for several years, now. Occasionally, she’ll wear orange.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Hope all of yall made it through with no major problems. I didn’t even lose power. All around me is flooded, downtown is closed.

Dad said his place is worse than Ian as far as flooding. The main road to get to the island is underwater and closed. There's 5 ft of water on parts of the island.
Watched the coverage until 1-2am when I crashed. Hard rain hasn't gotten here yet. Think it's really supposed to start around now to 10am or so....so far water downstairs is just a trickle.....and my ghetto preperations have kept out most of the water....I think the water on the floor is just a trickle coming down plumbing vent, flashing is prob cracked.... Flood alarms now are starting to go off on the weather radios up here in Chatvegas. Still it's all small stuff so far compared to you guys. Also hearing their having to rescue some people around Atlanta....buckhead area even. haven't spoken to my Jawjaw people yet, but they're in Lawrence county which has seen some deaths and a lot of destruction, Wife's people are in Waycross/Blackshear area..but they prob won't evenb notice...they all own swamp buggies and airboats. They are kinda made for hurricaine weather. Hoping our fam is all safe. Prayers to you guys and your dad who are in Florida...

Reactions: ArdentVol and CPA
I got alot of rain last night and my road is a little flooded but that's it for me.

It sucks dad is over there by himself and I can't get there. He'd been better off waiting until it was over. Is what it is.
I hate that for him, but as long as he's okay that's something positive

Been on my porch since sunrise. The eye is east of me, and the winds have abated a bit. Heard a tree crack and fall on a neighbor’s property to the west of me. I cannot see it from my porch. The power is out. One of my neighbors is trying to start his generator (he had it running yesterday to test it).

Scary stuff.
Some people have questioned why would people stay and risk it? And it’s true that there are some people who are just stubborn. My heart goes out to those who are stuck and have nowhere to go.
I don't think it's just being stubborn. Just look at Asheville - it is not a place you think of for hurricanes, so I bet most people just didn't think much of it until it's too late.

Also, I remember we evacuated when I was in high school, to Knoxville. People in FL, SC, and GA were all evacuating, making a nightmare situation on the interstate to get out. I think it took us something like 20 hours to get to Knox. Hurricane never hit these areas, instead turned for NC, leading to further frustration.

VN Store

Back