The Red Line: Part Deux

No. Attacking Saddam, maybe. But not invading.

Lobbing a few missiles at a leader does nothing to get rid of the entire threat. If that's the ultimate goal it requires more respect work. Of course that all requires congressional approval also

So you were all for us attacking Iraq to remove Sadam?

Speaking of Iraq... here is some funny crap.

Donald Rumsfeld to White House: Justify Syria attack - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com

Former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld says the Obama administration has not yet justified an attack on Syria.

“There really hasn’t been any indication from the administration as to what our national interest is with respect to this particular situation,” Rumsfeld told Fox News’s Neil Cavuto on Wednesday

al-Asad is a bush, He can't gain the upper hand with his vast military power so he uses chemical weapons. There is a special place in hell for people like him.

One of the many reason to go after Saddam was his use of chemical weapons on his own people, difference then was a republican in office. I myself don't like Obama or none of his policies, but if he chooses to bomb this guy I say hit Asad hard and if possible kill him.

Well there hasn't been. At least Donald sent Powell to the UN with a power point presentation
Posted via VolNation Mobile

al-Asad is a bush, He can't gain the upper hand with his vast military power so he uses chemical weapons. There is a special place in hell for people like him.

One of the many reason to go after Saddam was his use of chemical weapons on his own people, difference then was a republican in office. I myself don't like Obama or none of his policies, but if he chooses to bomb this guy I say hit Asad hard and if possible kill him.

And how many civilians will this kill? Where do you think he would hide, out in the desert alone?

This is crazy.

“Let me be clear,” he said in an interview on CNN. “Our goal will not be to effect régime change, or alter the balance of power in Syria, or bring the civil war there to an end. We will simply do something random there for one or two days and then leave.”

“I want to reassure our allies and the people of Syria that what we are about to undertake, if we undertake it at all, will have no purpose or goal,” he said. “This is consistent with U.S. foreign policy of the past.”

Obama Promises Syria Strike Will Have No Objective : The New Yorker

Congress said it was. Yours, mine, and anyone else's opinion on the VN is irrelevant.

Congress voting to give Bush the authority to attack Iraq does not justify the invasion.

You cannot answer the question ?

It is simple, yes or no. Was the Iraq invasion justified?

Congress voting to give Bush the authority to attack Iraq does not justify the invasion.

Yes.

:good!:

Any other questions you care to pose where my answer is as equally irrelevant?

Trying your LG impersonation today?

No, but it did have Congressional an UN (I think) approval.

What's your point?

Rummy helped sell the Iraq war with picked intelligence, now he says an invasion needs to be justified.

Maybe he is telling Obama he needs to make up a few lies to justify the Syrian attack.

Does the White House have any sort of strategy, direction, or leadership? Obama just said he STILL hasn't made a decision either way.

Rummy helped sell the Iraq war with picked intelligence, now he says an invasion needs to be justified.

Maybe he is telling Obama he needs to make up a few lies to justify the Syrian attack.

Link? Do you have access to all of the classified information? If so, can you link that as well?

He needs to take it in front of Congress with whatever they have and let them vote. That's all nothing more, handpicked intelligence or not.

There is no urgent need to attack.

He needs to take it in front of Congress with whatever they have and let them vote. That's all nothing more, handpicked intelligence or not.

There is no urgent need to attack.

This I agree 100% with.

VN Store

Back