The Red Line: Part Deux

Sooooo....

No matter what he does or decides, he's wrong. ..

got it.

good to know.

There is no way to defend Obama on this Syria ordeal. He has completely screwed up from day one. He looks unable to make a decision. After this mess, no country will take him serious. Weakness is one thing the POTUS cannot show and Obama has shown weakness.

Reactions: 2 people
There is no way to defend Obama on this Syria ordeal. He has completely screwed up from day one. He looks unable to make a decision. After this mess, no country will take him serious. Weakness is one thing the POTUS cannot show and Obama has shown weakness.

And had he not delayed, people would be critical for that.

Reactions: 1 person
Sooooo....

No matter what he does or decides, he's wrong. ..

got it.

good to know.

It's useless Gramps - LG's gonna defend Obama on this and somehow make it Republican's fault regardless of what the facts are.

Maybe doing nothing for the first year or more was the wisest course? There still aren't any "good" options. Some choices are just less bad than others. When the enemy of your enemy is an enemy, it's a problem.

I will fault Biden for Godwinning the conflict. Is Nazi Germany the most overused analogy in history?

Maybe doing nothing for the first year or more was the wisest course? There still aren't any "good" options. Some choices are just less bad than others. When the enemy of your enemy is an enemy, it's a problem.

I will fault Biden for Godwinning the conflict. Is Nazi Germany the most overused analogy in history?

There is a good option: stay out of it. It is a civil war and is none of our business. No matter which side wins, the winner will not be a friend of the US.

His first course of action should have been to keep his mouth shut and be non-committal.

That is true. This is not unique to Obama. Everything the president does is going to criticized by some. That is the nature of politics. Had he not delayed and bombed, he would have been criticized by some but he would have sent a message to all nations that when the POTUS draws a red line, they better heed or pay the consequences.

Interesting piece.

U.S. Still Hasn't Armed Syrian Rebels - WSJ.com

Some congressional officials said they were concerned the administration was edging closer to an approach privately advocated by Israel. Israeli officials have told their American counterparts they would be happy to see its enemies Iran, the Lebanese Shiite militia Hezbollah and al Qaeda militants fight until they are weakened, giving moderate rebel forces a chance to play a bigger role in Syria's future.

How about not start talking specifics about tactics before you talk to Congress and have some assurances that at least a few of your allies will have your back?

Obama started spouting off about limited missile strikes with no particular plan other than being a "shot across the bow" before he had any assurance that it would be supported at home or abroad. Worse; there was no case made to the US about the reasons.

It's been an amateur job since the beginning and the confusion continues. The man has no clue what to do and no larger strategy framework from which to make the decisions. Might as well be flipping a coin.

He's real good at whipping his junk out and waving it around thinking he is black and looking down to find out he is white.

That was the penis metaphor I wanted to make the other day. It just gets more and more appropriate.

He's real good at whipping his junk out and waving it around thinking he is black and looking down to find out he is white.

That was the penis metaphor I wanted to make the other day. It just gets more and more appropriate.

Probably comes through his mothers side....

Watching CNN .

Key Republicans say they will back Obama.
Boehner and Cantor say the U S national security is at stake..

Watching CNN .

Key Republicans say they will back Obama.
Boehner and Cantor say the U S national security is at stake..

I wonder if those two were paid under the table to change their little minds? Why is our national security at stake? Is it the oil & natural gas that's at stake? Is that the "real" reason that this is a BS call for a strike? Come on man, let's just be honest about the whole thing.

It's useless Gramps - LG's gonna defend Obama on this and somehow make it Republican's fault regardless of what the facts are.

No that's not fair at all. I am NOT saying his decision is correct. I really am torn and can see how he'd be questioned on that.

What I AM saying is that a certain large contingent of the GOP is going to just always say he's doing the wrong thing. Regardless of the merits.

I wonder if those two were paid under the table to change their little minds? Why is our national security at stake? Is it the oil & natural gas that's at stake? Is that the "real" reason that this is a BS call for a strike? Come on man, let's just be honest about the whole thing.

I am not sure either has changed their minds.

I don't see how oyr national security is at stake. We get involved in any way we are either supporting a government that considers the US an enemy or Al Qaeda, who main purpose is to destroy America.

VN Store

Back