The Red Line: Part Deux

Kerry says 1,429 people died in the recent Syrian government chemical attack, 426 of them children. Other reports say that this is actually around the 10th or 11th use of chemical weapons by Syria, and that this one is basically a test of the rest of the world and whether it will do anything about it.

While I don't really know much or see a direct US interest in the outcome of the civil war there, it is getting to the point where it is pretty compelling justification for the US to act. Frankly, if we know Assad okayed it, I think a case can be made that an attack by us should in fact target him.

Anyone that would launch an attack of a chemical weapon on a civilian population and kills 400 kids gives up his right to govern, and only means to get him out of power at this point .....

Assad has killed 426 children with cw. obama has allowed millions of innocent baby's to have their brains sucked out or their spinal cord servered. They both are workers of satan.

Reactions: 2 people
Assad has killed 426 children with cw. obama has allowed millions of innocent baby's to have their brains sucked out or their spinal cord servered. They both are workers of satan.

:whistling: preach it & keep it real brah.

These are fair criticisms.

Personally, I think the administration was caught off guard by the UK waffling like it did then backing out.

At any rate, there is still a decision to be made.

Many here have been saying the same thing as Zakaria for quite some time now :hi:

yay, hyperbole!!

Reactions: 1 person
Wipe out both sides and turn the place into another army base because everyone knows we'll be spending a lot if time in the region over the next 25 years

Got to give Assad more time to move (hide) his $hit around first B4 a missile strike to happen. I'm sure he doesn't want to lose his military & some CW to fight those awful rebels. Besides, our President has a great strategic plan for all this to happen.

Last edited:
I personally don't give two ****s bout Syria but here are the WMD's that were in Iraq and got moved out before we invaded because we gave them warning.

Iraq had them. Now Syria does.

Again though, I will sing my favorite song from the Lorax: "Let them die. Let them die."

Reactions: 2 people
Got to give Assad more time to move (hide) his $hit around first B4 a missile strike to happen. I'm sure he doesn't want to lose his military & some CW to fight those awful rebels. Besides, our President has a great strategic plan for all this to happen.

Soooo ... don't check with Congress = unconstitutional.

Do check with Congress = bad strategy.

I get it right ?

I personally don't give two ****s bout Syria but here are the WMD's that were in Iraq and got moved out before we invaded because we gave them warning.

Iraq had them. Now Syria does.

Again though, I will sing my favorite song from the Lorax: "Let them die. Let them die."

They probably have been or are being moved to Iran now.

I get it right ?

There are questions if he has to get congress approval before attacking Syria. If Reagan and Clinton did not have to then Obama shouldn't have to. I personally think he should.

The problem I have with Obama and his handling of Syria to this point. Imo, he should have:

Bombed them 2 weeks ago
or
went to congress for appproval 2 weeks ago.

By waiting he has given Assad time to relocate his assets to secure locations.

I get it right ?

How about not start talking specifics about tactics before you talk to Congress and have some assurances that at least a few of your allies will have your back?

Obama started spouting off about limited missile strikes with no particular plan other than being a "shot across the bow" before he had any assurance that it would be supported at home or abroad. Worse; there was no case made to the US about the reasons.

It's been an amateur job since the beginning and the confusion continues. The man has no clue what to do and no larger strategy framework from which to make the decisions. Might as well be flipping a coin.

Well, we will just have to wait & see now!!! The big boss hog Obama dude will be in Sweden for a week (on official business...wink wink & I'm sure hitting some golf courses wink wink) while Assad is still in his serious mode of kill kill & kill some more innocent people & thumbing his nose at the Obama dude. Our great fearless leader is showing the world how it's done on Leadership of the Free World. What a joke & an embarrassment to the USA.

Last edited:
How about not start talking specifics about tactics before you talk to Congress and have some assurances that at least a few of your allies will have your back?

Obama started spouting off about limited missile strikes with no particular plan other than being a "shot across the bow" before he had any assurance that it would be supported at home or abroad. Worse; there was no case made to the US about the reasons.

It's been an amateur job since the beginning and the confusion continues. The man has no clue what to do and no larger strategy framework from which to make the decisions. Might as well be flipping a coin.

Sooooo....

No matter what he does or decides, he's wrong. ..

got it.

good to know.

VN Store

Back