The shut down thread

And yet people choose to ignore it. Perfect example here are that all the company meetings that involve food generally involve some kind of junk food with no healthy options. It's kind of hypocritical to on one hand complain about healthcare costs but the on the other hand provide junk food to employees to continue to eat at company events. Obviously some of this comes from managers but whenever I am given the task of ordering food for a meeting I make sure to use a deli that has soup and salad options. That being said, it is extremely frustrating for those of us that are trying to live a little better.
Love your body....

Reactions: theFallGuy
Come on Weezer, you're a smart guy so don't pretend to sell yourself short with this stupid argument. You and I both know Trump owns this and he truly doesn't care who he hurts in the process of his pointless standoff.
Yes it's all trump. I've seen the dems at his door begging to care for Americans first, to put Americans before globalist intent, to put the common man up front in considerations......i just made myself laugh....# Resist

And yet people choose to ignore it. Perfect example here are that all the company meetings that involve food generally involve some kind of junk food with no healthy options. It's kind of hypocritical to on one hand complain about healthcare costs but the on the other hand provide junk food to employees to continue to eat at company events. Obviously some of this comes from managers but whenever I am given the task of ordering food for a meeting I make sure to use a deli that has soup and salad options. That being said, it is extremely frustrating for those of us that are trying to live a little better.
As a society, I think we're more cognizant of our diet than we have ever been. Fewer soft drinks are being purchased and unhealthy condiments such as butter and mayonnaise aren't being used much anymore. Though the consumption of fried foods, pasta and bread continues to be a problem (and probably always will be). The lack of exercise is the much bigger problem. There are too many options for leisure time entertainment that don't involve getting off our butts. We are watching more television than ever before and spending unhealthy amounts of time on our phones and other such electronic devices.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
As a society, I think we're more cognizant of our diet than we have ever been. Fewer soft drinks are being purchased and unhealthy condiments such as butter and mayonnaise aren't being used much anymore. Though the consumption of fried foods, pasta and bread continues to be a problem (and probably always will be). The lack of exercise is the much bigger problem. There are too many options for leisure time entertainment that don't involve getting off our butts. We are watching more television than ever before and spending unhealthy amounts of time on our phones and other such electronic devices.
You should see the faces of my patients when i tell them they have to exercise. You would think i just executed a family member.

you obviously haven't visited the same Subway I go to.

Mt Dew is the nectar of the gods, Mayo is the devil.

Have you ever checked into a flight in Atlanta? A buck and a half is about normal. Remember it's a Democratic city full of bought and paid for voters on the government teet.
I fly in and out of Atlanta every two weeks. Have I seen longer lines? Sure. But an hour and a half is much longer then the norm.

So you're saying I should stop eating skittles for breakfast?

Not sure if anyone let you guys know....

But the government was shut down today.not just like 8% of it. Almost all of it.

Hope everyone has been grinding through today.

RECORD: 771 Migrants Apprehended at Texas Border on Day After Trump’s Visit

Border Patrol agents in the Rio Grande Valley Sector reported a new daily record for the number of migrants apprehended after illegally crossing in 2019. The record comes one day after President Donald Trump’s visit to the South Texas border region.

Rio Grande Valley (RGV) Sector agents reported the apprehension of a record-setting 771 migrants on Friday after President Trump visited the area one day earlier. The apprehensions mark a record-setting day from the sector and eclipsed the 456 apprehensions from the day before his visit.

“771 apprehensions in a single day is a glaring indicator of the need for additional border security resources in South Texas,” RGV Acting Chief Patrol Agent Raul Ortiz said in a written statement. “Friday’s numbers support the President’s assertion that the current state of the border remains porous. There is currently not enough infrastructure to adequately address the hundreds of illegals who cross here every night.”

AP_19010773523678-640x484.jpg

RECORD: 771 Migrants Apprehended at Texas Border on Day After Trump's Visit

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
Trump continues to claim that furloughed federal workers are contacting him and telling him that they don't mind not being paid and that he should continue with the government shutdown until he gets the wall... Of course, Trump never provides the names of any of these people or even where they might work. The last thing he would ever do with such a claim is to make it possible to verify.

Trump continues to claim that furloughed federal workers are contacting him and telling him that they don't mind not being paid and that he should continue with the government shutdown until he gets the wall... Of course, Trump never provides the names of any of these people or even where they might work. The last thing he would ever do with such a claim is to make it possible to verify.
Why would he? So people can find the workers and sit outside their house or tell them to kill themselves on Twitter?

Reactions: AM64
Why would he? So people can find the workers and sit outside their house or tell them to kill themselves on Twitter?
LOL! If you actually believe that people are telling him that they don't mind going without pay???? Then you would literally believe anything the Great Pumpkin said.

Trump does this all the time. He uses fabricated conversations as a means of validating a policy under scrutiny. You might remember that last summer he told us that during the 2016 campaign "thousands of parents of Korean War veterans told me to make peace with Kim Jong Un and to please bring our boys home." Of course, the parents of Korean War veterans would have to have been over 100 years old in 2016. Trump makes $hit like that up.

Last edited:

Maybe he’s using the lefts favorite source.....ANONYMOUS

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back