The Thread Where People Argue About Kneeling in the NFL (merged)

Exactly why he would have been my last choice to be the flag bearer. Horrible decision by the USA Olympic Committee.
He's always been a piece of đź’©. I can't understand idiots like this.
Has all the money fame & glory anyone would want from right
here in the good ole USA and he spits of our flag and country?

He's always been a piece of đź’©. I can't understand idiots like this.
Has all the money fame & glory anyone would want from right
here in the good ole USA and he spits of our flag and country?
I think it’s ironic that Kobe Bryant did some of things he did off the court and yet he is a 100 times more revered globally than Lebron is. Lebron hasn’t had any off the court issues as far as I am aware but the majority of people dislike him because he self proclaimed himself “The Chosen One”. I know whenever I saw him lean into that, I was like yeah no thanks, I’m out on you. And then you see the flopping on the court and a lot of bonehead plays he has made over the years, I just laugh at people who support him. He’s 100% fake, never a real moment with him. Didn’t like him whenever he was in high school and don’t like him now. I loathe that he is on the Lakers. Absolutely hate it.

Exactly why he would have been my last choice to be the flag bearer. Horrible decision by the USA Olympic Committee.
Not their choice. It was his fellow olympians who decided

"Team USA flag bearers are nominated and voted on by their fellow Olympic athletes. Beginning in 1992, the United States also named a flag bearer for the closing ceremony."

I think it’s ironic that Kobe Bryant did some of things he did off the court and yet he is a 100 times more revered globally than Lebron is. Lebron hasn’t had any off the court issues as far as I am aware but the majority of people dislike him because he self proclaimed himself “The Chosen One”. I know whenever I saw him lean into that, I was like yeah no thanks, I’m out on you. And then you see the flopping on the court and a lot of bonehead plays he has made over the years, I just laugh at people who support him. He’s 100% fake, never a real moment with him. Didn’t like him whenever he was in high school and don’t like him now. I loathe that he is on the Lakers. Absolutely hate it.

But how do you really feel?

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol

He's an incredible player. He still plays hard and on both ends. He gets teammates involved. If he's not #1, he's #2 of all time. We should be celebrating his greatness.

But some arent for a couple of reasons

There is some hypocrisy in his stances in human vs civil rights. He wants to preach equality and having everyone treated the same but he pulled the ultimate power move in manipulating the NBA draft in getting his kid (who isnt a NBA G League player right now). Ultimately this rubs people the wrong way..saying one thing and doing another

He's an incredible player. He still plays hard and on both ends. He gets teammates involved. If he's not #1, he's #2 of all time. We should be celebrating his greatness.

But some arent for a couple of reasons

There is some hypocrisy in his stances in human vs civil rights. He wants to preach equality and having everyone treated the same but he pulled the ultimate power move in manipulating the NBA draft in getting his kid (who isnt a NBA G League player right now). Ultimately this rubs people the wrong way..saying one thing and doing another
That is what I mean by being a fake person. Can never trust a word that comes out of his mouth. Phenomenal basketball player but has always been hard for me to root for him and he plays for my own team lol

Reactions: UT_Dutchman

Self-proclaimed? So 16 YO Lebron wrote the SI issue about himself?

He was called the chosen one, putting tons of pressure on him...he actually turns out to be one of the very few guys who lived up to the hype (Tiger, who else?), and you hate him because you incorrectly believed he started the hype? I guess now that you know the truth, you'll change your mind about him, right? Right?

If you are the type to dislike HS players, the problem isn't anything Lebron's doing.

Last edited:
That is what I mean by being a fake person. Can never trust a word that comes out of his mouth. Phenomenal basketball player but has always been hard for me to root for him and he plays for my own team lol

Like MJ and Magic and the other GOATS are honest Abe. I mean, fkn Kobe raped a girl and lied about it. Kobe was the fakest guy the NBA ever saw. What are we talking about? Sports stars are lying politicians because people freak out whenever they say anything with the least amount of honesty. I'm willing to bet you are the type to get mad at Lebron when he speaks his mind, and here you are criticizing him for being fake. You had a problem with him calling himself the Chosen One, which would be a real thing to say. How can he win?

Like MJ and Magic and the other GOATS are honest Abe. I mean, fkn Kobe raped a girl and lied about it. Kobe was the fakest guy the NBA ever saw. What are we talking about? Sports stars are lying politicians because people freak out whenever they say anything with the least amount of honesty. I'm willing to bet you are the type to get mad at Lebron when he speaks his mind, and here you are criticizing for being fake. How can he win?
A.)Shut up and dribble

B.)Unless there are human rights violations

C.) But if it's human rights concerns over people being shot by cops please see A

Long way of saying you’re good with Kobe raping someone but “flopping” is where you draw the line

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Long way of saying you’re good with Kobe raping someone but “flopping” is where you draw the line

Two wrongs don't make a right.

When your defense is pointing out the wrong of someone else, you lost the argument.

Then again, I do think Lebron takes too much flak for stuff. He has a solid argument for being the GOAT and I had no issue with him being a flag bearer. Is he divisive? Yes. A lot of athletes/celebrities are divisive however.

C'mon now. No need to get ridiculous. I can't stand the guy, but he didn't do anything in high school that was worthy of disdain.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo

VN Store

Back