The Thread Where People Argue About Kneeling in the NFL (merged)

You guys act like he picked China over the US. He picked diplomacy. He's American, just like Trump, who is diplomatic with China, too. Even said incredibly complimentary things about their dictator. You got jokes about Trump carrying their flag? Of course not, because of partisanship.
Republicans, Democrats, Christians, Muslims, Atheists and even Mennonites without electricity can all agree…

…Lebron is a complete tool.

you first?

In reference to jabs about Lebron choosing China/$ over the US, I made the case that he should be diplomatic and do what's best for his bosses and for maintaining open channels with China. I'll add that the idea that anything he could do or say to take a stand against China would make anything better is nothing better than a wildass guess/gamble without the thought that diplomacy is a good default.

You guys said he's a tool and that I'm mad.

In reference to jabs about Lebron choosing China/$ over the US, I made the case that he should be diplomatic and do what's best for his bosses and for maintaining open channels with China. I'll add that the idea that anything he could do or say to take a stand against China would make anything better is nothing better than a wildass guess/gamble without the thought that diplomacy is a good default.

all I said is that you mad; and you mad

your opening salvo was a troll post to get a reaction and when you got a reaction your answer was "what about Trump?" hardly substantive IMHO

all I said is that you mad; and you mad

your opening salvo was a troll post to get a reaction and when you got a reaction your answer was "what about Trump?" hardly substantive IMHO

The point was about his partisanship framing his viewpoint on Lebron vs. Trump, which may be why it was lost on you.

I'm consistent, and don't fault either for being diplomatic and/or doing business with China.

I have no issue if he wants to choose China but dont be a hypocrite about human/civil rights to do that....

Not the same thing. When you preach about human/civil rights but you just completely ignore it when it comes to getting China $$$..

Again, I dont care or have issues monetizing China. Just dont talk out of both ends while doing so...

It's not the same thing because it's way easier for you to boycott Nike and stop paying them to wear a swoosh on your shirt and supporting Lebron, his bosses, and China.

It's way more tempting to take half a billion from them and justify it because you rationalize your role as basketball ambassador.

It's like the South Park episode where everybody is throwing stones at the adulters (Tiger, Big Ben) but the joke is the people casting stones have absolutely no prospects.

So because he's one of the billion people doing biz with China, he can't be mad about cops shooting black kids?

Bro, that means we sold our human rights position for some orange merch

It's not the same thing because it's way easier for you to boycott Nike and stop paying them to wear a swoosh on your shirt and supporting Lebron, his bosses, and China.

It's way more tempting to take half a billion from them and justify it because you rationalize your role as basketball ambassador.

It's like the South Park episode where everybody is throwing stones at the adulters (Tiger, Big Ben) but the joke is the people casting stones have absolutely no prospects.

So because he's one of the billion people doing biz with China, he can't be mad about cops shooting black kids?

Bro, that means we sold our human rights position for some orange merch
But we have no power, no voice. We can take a stand and no one will ever know..... It will be completely unnoticed. And the only consequence to us is we miss out on representing something we love, and get no return on that stance.

James on the other hand could take a stance and everyone would know. It would be front page news. Would the NBA ban James for his public stance? Maybe, but I'm not sure they would. His only sure fire consequence is he misses out on money. He could take a principled stand, as he does when it's easy for him....... But he's demonstrated his principles matter when they aren't in conflict with his money.

Crazy thing is most people would do exactly what James is doing. Because they would feel couldn't afford not to......... Perhaps James feels the same way? Either way his stance on civil rights appears to be just a token stance.

Not the same thing. When you preach about human/civil rights but you just completely ignore it when it comes to getting China $$$..

Again, I dont care or have issues monetizing China. Just dont talk out of both ends while doing so...
Bro, buying a shirt and taking $500M are totally the same thing.

Lebron voted by other Olympians to carry flag at opening ceremonies 😆
Let's keep in mind... the same people that were pizzing in their pants about Kaepernick but didn't watch the NFL are the same ones now pizzing in their pants about LeBron and don't watch the NBA or won't watch the Olympics.

They are offended by something that they won't even see. That is ultra-Karen/cancel culture behavior.

VN Store

Back