The Tyler Bray thread (merged)

You can't listen to K-Ville sports talk at all. Or Nashville's for that matter because Hyams is on there twice a week. He made a huge deal out of it all season. Dooley said himsel that he did not. The head coach said he did not check. Why argue? I can admit when I'm wrong. Calm down, just because a qb moves around before the snap doesn't mean he checks. When a qb points his finger before the play he is callin out who the Mike backer is so they can set the oline blocking scheme.

your first mistake is listening to Hyams.only idiots listen to him.

Good God, this thing has made it to 11 pages??! What is there to really argue here? I hate to throw out the fan card, but how does any UT fan hope for a UT player to fail? That's not fandom, that's idiocy.

As for Bray, his lackluster career cannot be pinned on one particular shortcoming. Did he lack maturity and leadership on the field? Yes. Was he poorly coached? Yes. Did he make bad reads and try and force the ball into spots he shouldn't have? Yes. Did Dooley and Chaney fail to address the issue? Yes.

There are many reasons Bray was not more successful here. Some of it's on him, some of it's on his coaches. Plenty of blame to be passed around.

As for Bray's future, he has the physical skills to succeed in the NFL. He can make all the throws, the question mark about him is does he know when to make those throws. With some proper coaching and an attitude adjustment on his part, he can probably learn. He has the potential, now he just needs to work at living up to it.

Reactions: 3 people
Good God, this thing has made it to 11 pages??! What is there to really argue here? I hate to throw out the fan card, but how does any UT fan hope for a UT player to fail? That's not fandom, that's idiocy.

As for Bray, his lackluster career cannot be pinned on one particular shortcoming. Did he lack maturity and leadership on the field? Yes. Was he poorly coached? Yes. Did he make bad reads and try and force the ball into spots he shouldn't have? Yes. Did Dooley and Chaney fail to address the issue? Yes.

There are many reasons Bray was not more successful here. Some of it's on him, some of it's on his coaches. Plenty of blame to be passed around.

As for Bray's future, he has the physical skills to succeed in the NFL. He can make all the throws, the question mark about him is does he know when to make those throws. With some proper coaching and an attitude adjustment on his part, he can probably learn. He has the potential, now he just needs to work at living up to it.

look what you just done.you brought common sense up in here and ruined everything.:good!:

Ok little Timmy, time for bed.

Sure thing Urban

5099d87dafa96f5e64000016.png

Tim Tebow, Charlie Ward, Scott Frost, Kellan Moore, Danny Weurfell, Jay Barker and more had intangibles. Brady and Brees had talent.

yeah all the guys you mentioned here had little to no NFL talent. Of course you need talent, but I mentioned George and Leaf because they were incredibly physically talented and had no intangibles. On the other hand, Brady and Brees were not highly drafted, they are elite from the neck up. Bray really reminds me more of Ryan Mallette - huge arm, can make all the throws, but has a character issue

Last edited:
I think Bray will start in the NFL at some point.......I could care less about his poor leadership......This is the NFL, those guys are grown men and getting paid. I can name countless NFL starters that have bad "leadership" qualities. Cutler for one.

:)

Okay end the thread here. Best summary of the Bray situation I've seen here all day. Balanced and true. Done.

Reactions: 1 person
The offense was not the problem with the team last year, at all.

Amen, when you average 37 points a game and only win 5 it aint the offense. 36TD's to 12 interceptions geez the guy had a great year and so many hate on him all the time. I hope he has a great career in the league.

Reactions: 3 people
KC is trading for Alex Smith. One less team taking a QB in the early rounds. Not good news for Bray.

If I had to guess, the overwhelming majority of people on here blindly defending Bray are 21 or younger.

If I had to guess, the overwhelming majority of people on here blindly defending Bray are 21 or younger.

Either that or they are some of his drinking buddies, and likely the guy's that were telling him that he should leave early and enter the draft b/c he's a lock 1st or 2nd round pick.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back